Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Texans beating the Bengals hurt the Steelers and here is how...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

The Texans beating the Bengals hurt the Steelers and here is how...

The Houston Texans pulling that game out against the Bengals yesterday in the final seconds hurt the Steelers a lot should the Steelers still end up winning the division over the Ravens. Had the Texans lost that game that would have put them at 4 losses and had the Steelers won out like we all hope and think they will do they would finish ahead of them at 13-3 to Houston's 12-4. Now the Texans are still at 3 losses at 10-3 and have games left with Carolina at home,at Indy,and Tennessee at home. Not that tough of a schedule if you ask me. Now I dont know the tiebraking scenario to determine homefield and who gets the 1 and 2 seed if the Texans,Patriots,and Steelers all finish 13-3 and win out. All I know is that a Texans loss yesterday would have meant all the Steelers would have needed to have happen to secure the number 1 seed in the AFC is win out and have the Ravens lose one more game because even if the Pats end up winning out and finish at 13-3 the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them and would get the 1 seed over them based on that.

Now I dont know if they would even get a bye week if they finish tied with both Houston and the Patriots at 13-3 because the tiebraking system breaks down 3 ways tie differently and bye strength of victory. That's why the Texans winning yesterday against the Bengals was such a big deal and could really end up hurting the Steelers bye week and homefield advantage chances if they still end up winning the North. The Steelers need to hope that Houston drops at least 1 of these last 3 games they have left. Hopefully Cam Newton can go into Houston next week and pull off the upset...

SD needs to win sunday night. We need to win Monday. First off.

Houston will lose one.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Texans have a cake schedule the rest of the way out with the exception of maybe the final game against Tennessee. Even with TJ Yates at QB they are playing great defense and they can run the ball. They aren't going to blow anybody out but if they keep it close in the fourth, they're proably going to win.

All the teams left in the AFC that are ahead of the Steelers have cake schedules the rest of the way so the chances of getting the right teams to lose is getting more remote. Our best chance right now is just win the division and atleast try to get 1 home game in the post season. I would like to see them get the bye, certainly it would help heal a lot of wounds, but if they have to go on the road then that's what they have to do.

i also wanted the bengals to win so they didnt get knocked out of the playoff race, they currently are not in the playoffs so will they still play as hard without the POfs on the line against the ravens? i sure hope so!

You guys and gals that don't live in Ohio have no idea how hard it is rooting for the Bengals, their fanbase is the worst when it comes to excuses and or whining!

Texans will be 1 and done in the PO's...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    if you want to see who wins tie breakers and such go here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

the steelers still can finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th...depending on how the games shake out.

but you can plug in which teams win and lose to see what the steelers need to happen to finish 1st.

right now, don't count out carolina or tennessee vs the texans. don't count out SD or cincy vs. the rats. and don't count out denver vs. NE...i'm just saying.

if the steelers take care of their business...a lot can still happen in just 3 weeks!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Honestly I think that's what is driving us Steeler fans right now to continue to hold out hope for the division. With teams like the Chargers still having a shot and playing better now, you can't bank on anything.

Clearly some teams are better than others but also so many of the AFC teams have banged up QB's, poor defenses, or other issues that can be exploited by a good team or even a lesser team on a good day.

Lets just beat SF first, then worry about this.

Locker looked pretty good yesterday. Titans can beat houston. Also Cam Newton could have a big game against them.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    5th seed is shaping up to the best. Look at it if the playoffs started today.

Steelers would play either the Broncos or Raiders. Assuming the Patriots handle business, the Ravens and Patriots would duke it out and take care of each other. And the Steelers would go play TJ Yates. Steelers would coast to the AFC Champ game. I hope it stays like it is right now.

Thread Information