The Houston Texans pulling that game out against the Bengals yesterday in the final seconds hurt the Steelers a lot should the Steelers still end up winning the division over the Ravens. Had the Texans lost that game that would have put them at 4 losses and had the Steelers won out like we all hope and think they will do they would finish ahead of them at 13-3 to Houston's 12-4. Now the Texans are still at 3 losses at 10-3 and have games left with Carolina at home,at Indy,and Tennessee at home. Not that tough of a schedule if you ask me. Now I dont know the tiebraking scenario to determine homefield and who gets the 1 and 2 seed if the Texans,Patriots,and Steelers all finish 13-3 and win out. All I know is that a Texans loss yesterday would have meant all the Steelers would have needed to have happen to secure the number 1 seed in the AFC is win out and have the Ravens lose one more game because even if the Pats end up winning out and finish at 13-3 the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them and would get the 1 seed over them based on that.

Now I dont know if they would even get a bye week if they finish tied with both Houston and the Patriots at 13-3 because the tiebraking system breaks down 3 ways tie differently and bye strength of victory. That's why the Texans winning yesterday against the Bengals was such a big deal and could really end up hurting the Steelers bye week and homefield advantage chances if they still end up winning the North. The Steelers need to hope that Houston drops at least 1 of these last 3 games they have left. Hopefully Cam Newton can go into Houston next week and pull off the upset...