Thread: Tomlin Tuesday, 12-13-11

Bookmark and Share

Tomlin Tuesday, 12-13-11

Tuesday, December 13, 2011
    Tuesday with Tomlin

As I'm sure everyone now knows, James Harrison has been suspended by the NFL for one game.

Harrison will not be permitted to be at the team facility until Dec. 20 - pending an appeal, if there is one.

Harrison Tweeted Tuesday: "Thank you to all of my fans and supporters, I'm just going to move on from here and get ready for my next game."

Harrison and his agent had earlier talked about appealing any fine/suspension, but that statement makes it sound as if Harrison will not do so. We'll see where this goes.

© I didn't think what Harrison did rose to the level of a suspension - given that he has not been fined this season.

And in that regard, the NFL has been inconsistent this season.
    The league came out with a chart detailing its fine process this summmer.

Here is the link: http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/15/nfl-...es-discipline/

The fines listed are the minimums.

As we've seen this season, other "repeat offenders," which is what Harrison - who has been fined five times since the start of the 2009 season – was not given the same leeway the league gave some other repeat offenders, teammate Ryan Clark among them.

You can't help but wonder if Harrison's statements in a magazine article released in the offseason had an affect on this.

© Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that he expects LaMarr Woodley back again this week, which will help lessen the blow of losing Harrison.

Woodley and Jason Worilds would likely start at OLB for the Steelers against the 49ers next Monday night.

Troy Polamalu (hamstring), Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) and Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) are among those who are questionable.

Tomlin said he expects Emmanuel Sanders (foot) to play as well.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Frustrated
    The official rule book contains at Rule 12, Section 2, Article 13(8) a phrase that possibly creates a loophole for a helmet-to-helmet hit. If the quarterback is “attempting to advance the ball as a runner,” all protections for the passer apparently go away.

Because Colt ducked he got hit and he was a RUNNER when running with the ball tucked under his arm!

Couldn't they throw a flag on a runner lowering his (or hers in Colts case)??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We're already talking about the Harrison fine in another thread but as for the rest of the news, I like the fact that Polamalu is hopefully going to play. We haven't had him healthy for an entire season, especially late, for a long time.

If we can have the same explosive Troy that we've had all year it will be a big help in the playoffs.

My Mood
    Chatty
    "You can't help but wonder if Harrison's statements in a magazine article released in the offseason had an affect on this."

Like i posted in my thread...Ray Lewis bascially made the same statement in an article in PFT...so why is he not being target?????? He said he's not playing the game any differently......well that shows with the helmet to helmet on Hines with no flag!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Thread Information