Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Texans beating the Bengals hurt the Steelers and here is how...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    5th seed is shaping up to the best. Look at it if the playoffs started today.

Steelers would play either the Broncos or Raiders. Assuming the Patriots handle business, the Ravens and Patriots would duke it out and take care of each other. And the Steelers would go play TJ Yates. Steelers would coast to the AFC Champ game. I hope it stays like it is right now.
    wow great point. Let the ravens win the division then. We're worried about winning superbowls not divisions.

My Mood
    Addicted

Steelers would play either the Broncos or Raiders. Assuming the Patriots handle business, the Ravens and Patriots would duke it out and take care of each other. And the Steelers would go play TJ Yates. Steelers would coast to the AFC Champ game. I hope it stays like it is right now.

not to mention that it would be the texans 1st EVER playoff game...lots of emotion, but lots more pressure!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    colts-hater

That's not a guarantee just yet. The Ravens if they win out and both the Patriots and Texans win out the Ravens would be the number 1 seed. So unless the 6 seed upsets the 3 in the wildcard round that's the only way the Steelers wouldnt meet Baltimore in the divisional round assuming the Ravens hang on and win the North.

Here is quick look as well on cbssportsline about if the Steelers should win the North and finish at 13-3 with the Patriots and Texans and if they would get the 1 or 2 seed here is how that all breaks down below very interesting...

Quick question about the Steelers should they still win the AFC North at 13-3 assuming they win out and the Ravens lose one more game and finish at 12-4 and get a wildcard spot. Would the Steelers get a top 2 seed or the number 1 seed at all if they finish 13-3 and both the Texans and Patriots finish 13-3 as well?? How would that 3 way tie work itself out,and would it come down to strength of victory and if so what is the current status for that scenario at this point and time??

NE, PIT, and HOU, all at 13-3, all division winners.
    o HOU beat PIT, PIT beat NE, no contest between HOU and NE, so no H2H sweep
    o Conference record: HOU 10-2, NE 10-2, PIT 9-3
    o PIT out for #1 seed
    o Common games: HOU 4-1, NE 4-1
    o So it goes down to SoV, currently NE have at least 71 wins, HOU have at least 66 wins, so undecided yet
    o If NE wins SoV then HOU grab #2 seed due to H2H over PIT
    o If HOU wins SoV then PIT grab #2 seed due to H2H over NE

Just NE and PIT at 13-3 as division winners.
    o PIT won H2H for #1 seed.

Just HOU and PIT at 13-3 as division winners.
    o HOU won H2H for #1 seed.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Good point, I guess the thing I saw gave Houston first place in the AFC because they already have their division wrapped up. Ravens would get the tie breaker over Houston because they beat them. Houston would get it over Pitt and Pitt would get it over the Pats. I believe the Ravens would get it over the Pats because they have a better division record.

Basically another reason why we should rest Ben if the Chargers cannot beat the Ravens. The Ravens are going to have to play and beat the Bengals for 1st place in the AFC.

This is all good stuff, but let's take of business in SF first. We have been playing nail bitter games on Sunday/Monday nights lately.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You guys and gals that don't live in Ohio have no idea how hard it is rooting for the Bengals, their fanbase is the worst when it comes to excuses and or whining!

Texans will be 1 and done in the PO's...
    No that would be Cleveland my friend,This franchise is a mess from the top to the bottom, Mike Brown sucks as a owner but they have Cleveland beat by the way they draft, Cleveland just can't do SH&! right, I also believe that the Texans will be one and done in the playoffs

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Some of these teams that are playoff bound this season, really aren't that good imo. With Andre Johnson at about 45% and no Matt Shaub, the Texans should be 1 and done.

And even though Tebow looks to be a f*cking wizard, I think defenses like the Steelers, Ravens or Jets destroy him.

Great analytical skills as always Troy!!

I can make it much simpler though,win 1 game at a time!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

We beat the Broncos and Houston, the Jets beat the Pats and Ravens.. AFC championship game in Pittsburgh!

Have. 2 wild card teams ever made it to the Championship game?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Love
    Teams aren't really suppose to help others get division titles or into the playoffs. You remember what happened to the Steelers in 09? Who was it? The colts or jets when they laid down to keep the Steelers out? Nobody wanted to play the Steelers in the playoffs. Teams just have to take care of their own and forget who needs help or who needs to lose or win. Steelers have got in the playoffs with all sorts of records and won the super bowl as #1, 2 and 6th seed. Maybe other seeds. Steelers know what it takes to win and i think they'll be just fine as long as they keep fighting and stay healthy.

Thread Information