Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben's best 7 games of his career

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

Big Ben's best 7 games of his career

I was reading on the Tribune Review here a few minutes ago and came across this article talking about Ben's Magnificent 7. The most memorable games of his career to date.

7. Steelers 33, Giants 30, Dec. 18, 2004, Giants Stadium. Roethlisberger out-dueled fellow rookie Eli Manning, drafted 10 spots ahead of him. Won it on a 36-yard pass to Antwaan Randle El.

6. Steelers 13, Ravens 10, Dec. 5, 2010, M&T Bank Stadium. Roethlisberger started with a broken foot. He soon added a broken nose, courtesy of Haloti Ngata's left hook. His best play was fending off Terrell Suggs to shovel the ball out of bounds. He then threw the winning pass. "It hurt a lot," Roethlisberger said of his foot. "But the broken nose took some of the pain away."

5. Steelers 24, Browns 20, Nov. 19, 2006, Cleveland Browns Stadium. After three lame quarters, Roethlisberger delivered a dead-on Jim Kelly impression, shrugging off a barrage of hits to direct fourth-quarter TD drives of 87, 79 and 77 yards. The winning play was an ad-lib flip to Willie Parker as Kamerion Wimbley tried to rip Roethlisberger's left arm off.

4. Steelers 31, Browns 28, Nov. 11, 2007, Heinz Field. Twice, Roethlisberger rallied the Steelers from fourth-quarter deficits with heart-stopping drives that included third-down conversions of 10, 6, 18 and 9 yards. He finished the first with a 30-yard TD run on third-and-10 and kept the second alive by stiff-arming Willie McGinest to convert a third-and-9.

3. Steelers 37, Packers 36, Dec. 20, 2009, Heinz Field. The decisive, 86-yard drive included a 32-yard pass to Santonio Holmes on fourth-and-7. Down to his last play, Roethlisberger found Mike Wallace with a 19-yard laser beam in the corner of the end zone. He finished with a franchise-record 503 yards.

2. Steelers 14, Browns 3, Dec. 8, 2011, Heinz Field. This was NFL Network's Rich Eisen at halftime, as footage of Ben on a golf cart ran in the background: "If that's a high-ankle sprain, he's not playing in the second half." Guess again, Rich. Roethlisberger's mere presence in the second half inspired his teammates — win one for the gimper? — and made this a vintage performance. "We know half of Ben is good," safety Ryan Clark said. "We can win with that."

1. Steelers 13, Ravens 9, Dec. 14, 2008, M&T Bank Stadium. With the ball on the Steelers' 8-yard line and 3:36 on the clock, Roethlisberger led an epic march against a Raven-ous defense, capping it with a classic move-move-move-and-fire pass to Holmes at the goal line.

As recounted by Steelers Digest, Mike Tomlin greeted Roethlisberger at the locker-room door that day. The quarterback was the last player to arrive.

"I may be late," he told his coach. "But I'm always on time."

My 15 favorite performances by Ben Roethlisberger

1. Steelers 31, Browns 28 (November 11, 2007)
    The "30-yard TD run" game.

2. Steelers 37, Packers 36 (December 20, 2009)
    The "503 yards passing without a turnover" game.

3. Steelers 38, Ravens 7 (November 5, 2007)
    The "five TD passes and a perfect passer rating" game.

4. Steelers 13, Ravens 10 (December 5, 2010)
    The "broken nose" game.

5. Steelers 14, Browns 3 (December 8, 2011)
    The "high ankle sprain" game.

6. Steelers 34, Titans 7 (September 11, 2005)
    The "218 yards passing on 11 attempts" game.

7. Steelers 25, Patriots 17 (October 30, 2011)
    The "beat the Patriots at their own game" game.

8. Steelers 13, Ravens 9 (December 14, 2008)
    The "94 yards to victory" game.

9. Steelers 17, Jaguars 16 (December 5, 2004)
    The "almost-perfect 158.0 rating" game.

10. Steelers 38, Chargers 28 (October 4, 2009)
    The "shootout with Philip Rivers" game.

11. Steelers 38, Titans 17 (October 9, 2011)
    The "it's not over 'til we say it's over" game.

12. Steelers 23, Bengals 17 (December 31, 2006)
    The "keep the Bengals out of the playoffs" game.

13: Steelers 32, Cardinals 20 (October 23, 2011)
    The "longest pass play in Steelers history" game.

14. Steelers 41, Rams 24 (December 20, 2007)
    The "two perfect passer ratings in one season" game.

15. Steelers 26, Jaguars 21 (October 5, 2008)
    The "third-and-long shovel pass conversion while in the grasp of two defenders" game.

NOTE: These are regular-season games only.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    6. Steelers 13, Ravens 10, Dec. 5, 2010, M&T Bank Stadium. Roethlisberger started with a broken foot. He soon added a broken nose, courtesy of Haloti Ngata's left hook. His best play was fending off Terrell Suggs to shovel the ball out of bounds. He then threw the winning pass. "It hurt a lot," Roethlisberger said of his foot. "But the broken nose took some of the pain away."
    I'll never forget that game; I can still see Ben trying to avoid the sack and somehow just finding a way to flick it out of bounds. Man was Suggs pissed off after that play! HAHA!

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Browns game #2? I mean it did show a lot about him, but it was something that I think we all already knew. No way I would put it at #2.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    The Browns game #2? I mean it did show a lot about him, but it was something that I think we all already knew. No way I would put it at #2.
    Yes we already knew Ben was one tough SOB....But that was legendary stuff there coming back from an high ankle sprain and to lead the team to victory.....Really this game is my favorite game of this season (even more then beating the Pats).....I know it sounds crazy but we will never seen anything like that again from a QB.....No other QB would have came back and played in that game...Not Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Eli......Reason why I always stick up Ben hard core and don't want any other QB in the NFL over Ben.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yes we already knew Ben was one tough SOB....But that was legendary stuff there coming back from an high ankle sprain and to lead the team to victory.....Really this game is my favorite game of this season (even more then beating the Pats).....I know it sounds crazy but we will never seen anything like that again from a QB.....No other QB would have came back and played in that game...Not Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Eli......Reason why I always stick up Ben hard core and don't want any other QB in the NFL over Ben.....
    I agree, it was pretty awesome. Probably should be somewhere up there in the top 10, but not at #2.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I agree, it was pretty awesome. Probably should be somewhere up there in the top 10, but not at #2.
    There is so many games....Hard to nail it down to just 10.....Hell there was 4 games in Ben's rookie year that could make this list...lol I think a list like this you can't go wrong since everybody has a different opinions on their favorite Ben games.......

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    i have to say that monday night game vs the ravens in 2007 was his best game.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I still get chills looking back at Thursdays game, him trotting back out into the huddle having the crowd going nuts, thats a moment I'll never forget!

Finishing with a better passer rating on a bum ankle in the second half, that was badass!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm with ya Latrobe; I mean I seriously did get chills seeing Ben come back on the field and listening to crowd just absolutely out of their minds! Towels waving, he's taking snaps, and the stadium is just shaking with excitement. That was one for the ages. Even if the game wasn't what we expected going into it, Ben delivered.

Thread Information