Thread: Member spotlight: SteelerDave74

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Smokin

Member spotlight: SteelerDave74

Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:

SteelerDave74

How long have you been a Steeler fan? I've been a fan for over 26 seasons. When I was 10 years of age, living in Cincinnati area, I had a good friend at the time. His father was an avid Steelers fan. One Sunday, they had the Steelers on television and was watching the game. Afterwords, he showed me the clips and newspaper articles from the Super Steelers years of the 70s. I was immediately hooked with this team.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? As I explained above, the legacy, the foundation of the Rooney family, the players and their legendary stamping on the franchise, the tradition, the blue collar approach to the game, and so many more reasons. This is the model franchise for the NFL. To be a four time Super Bowl World Champion at the time I entered the Steeler Nation, how could you not love an franchise like this?

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? Believe it or not, Ben Roethlisberger. I found out a couple years ago on ancestry.com from graphic proofs found on this site and a lost family member, we are distant cousins. His family married into mine in the late 1800s in Switzerland. So, we both have deep Swiss Blood running in our bodies. I felt so honored and proud to have found this proof. Ben is a legend and a winner, he knows how to lead the team, to be a champion, to encourage others to play their hearts out and to be the best possible. He is already a Two Time Champion and about to challenge for a Third Ring in Six seasons. How can you not love this man's passion for winning. We was very blessed to have Ben fall in our laps during the draft that season. Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, the entire squad. There isn't a player on that team I do not like.

Why are they your favorite player? As I explained above, the passion, the blue collar approach, the respect and honor of being a Pittsburgh Steeler. All these men know about the tradition and the legacy. It is a big big family.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? So many of them to name, Jerome Bettis, Franco Harris, Terry Bradshaw, "Mean" Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, the list goes on and on.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? 2002 playoffs, opening round against the Browns. We was getting our butts handed to us. I was moping and sick to my stomach seeing this happening. I don't know what spark got into those player's blood, but Tommy Maddox and company did something no other team could possibly done, THEY NEVER GAVE UP!!! Rallying back and seeing #45 Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala run in for the leading comeback score. My wife was so thrilled. I was on my knees looking up to God laughing and saying praises. It was the greatest comeback in NFL Playoff history at the time. Incredible. The fans were just going wild in the stands. That was awesome.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? College Basketball, The march to the Final Four. 65 teams (expanded to 68 teams this season) battling for the shot of becoming the National Champions. It is a icon and a tradition in America. Second best to the Super Bowl.

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I believe it was a few friends that told me about this site. I was addicted from the first day forward. This is the most complete Steelers fan based site I ever seen.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? TOTALLY RADICAL!!!

What do you do for a living? Disabled, I been unemployed and retired for 6 years now. Being deaf has become so challenging to find a job in this market these days. I am comfortable with whom I am.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I am the fourth distant cousin of QB Ben Roethlisberger. I tell people this and they just have a worry looked on their faces thinking I am full of it. Trust me, it's hard to say it, but, believe me it is true

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Passionate Steelers fan. There isn't a day go by that no one in Cleveland friends or foe, will tease or praise my devotion for the Steelers. I am a true Black n Gold Bleeder from the day I started at the age of 10 to my last breath on Earth.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Actually gave up driving in the Summer of '08, our minivan took a transmission dump on the streets. I walk everywhere now, it is healthier and more motivation for me to stay in shape. My wife, however, got a great power wheelchair, candy red apple. So, she is the driver, I am the walker. LOL. I wouldn't change this for anything. Everything is within a mile radius for us.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Sure is a great question, so many things I could change about myself. To be able to hear without a doubt in my mind. Just for once, I love to hear sounds normally like any other human being.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? Playing Mafia Wars on Facebook (addicting), playing Madden 10 on my PS2, spending time with my beautiful wife, Michelle. Spending time with my three babies (Chloe, Miss Kitty, and Sassy), reading sports illustrated and following up on the Steelers at Steelers.com.

Favorite TV show(s)? Everybody Loves Raymond, All in the Family, Hawaii Five-O, Steelers games, the NFL network, ESPN Sportscenter, CSI, NCIS, and of course, I don't watch much TV anymore just with my wife.

Favorite gaming console(s) and video game(s)? PS2, the game is Madden 10. Leading the Steelers into a dynasty. I also enjoy March Madness games, Tiger Woods golf, Call of Duty series.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? both. I think my wife is getting a bit into the Steelers. I know my mother in law watched her first AFC Championship game last weekend. My late wife's grandmother enjoyed the Steelers the last few years of her life. She wasn't there mentally, but, I think she deep down knew my passion.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? Not very many, but from 2002-2006, I used to rub a Christmas ornament before every game before it broke, brought nothing but great luck to the Steelers, we hardly ever lost.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? a good deli sandwich and a Diet Coke. I am pretty much open on this.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 2. Browns-Steelers at Three Rivers Stadium and the last game at Three Rivers.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? Wow, this is tough. I enjoy both. I never been to Heinz Field yet. I have great memories of Three Rivers. That place was heaven.

Immaculate Reception, "The Tackle", or "Immaculate Drive"? Oh my, another tough decision. I have to say "Immaculate Reception". What Franco Harris was able to pull off was one of the most amazing plays in Steelers History. Still the most talked about legacy among Steelers fans everywhere.

When do you think the Steelers will win #7? Sure hope to be Next Sunday in Dallas at Super Bowl XLV. We have a big challenge with the red-hot Green Bay Packers, but, they don't have the experience of what the Steelers have gone through in the last six seasons.

What do you think it will take for them to get back to the Super Bowl? Without question, they have it all intact as we speak, a great unified team playing like a big family. We have some of the best coordinators in the game today. Having an outstanding head coach in Mike Tomlin. We got some of the best corps of defensive players, offensive players, and even with our shaky offensive line, they keep plugging it up and working together as a family. There is no doubt in my mind why they couldn't win this title next Sunday. Stairway to Seven.

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Smokin
    Nice interview Dave...as you can see he answered these right before the super bowl

Thanks for the sig Flea

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    great job dave

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sorry for the delay in this one Dave, good stuff! Thanks for doing the spotlight!

Did he get banned again ...haven't seen much of him lately...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Nice read...

Sent from my Droid on the now network!

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain1974's Avatar

My Social Networks

Follow SteelCurtain1974 On Twitter Add SteelCurtain1974 on Facebook Add SteelCurtain1974 on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Did he get banned again ...haven't seen much of him lately...
    I am here as SteelCurtain1974. I got so busy I lost track and just died out on here. I am trying very hard to be more active here. I lost my password to the Steelerdave name.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    For a second there I thought we did another spotlight on you with this new name..LOL. Damn, SG is good but I didn't think she was THAT good...

Thread Information