Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you NFL you just made us more dangerous!

Bookmark and Share

Thank you NFL you just made us more dangerous!

I say that for a few reasons.

1. You can agree with me or not but James could have avoided that hit if he wanted to, and the truth is he didn't want to. What James did was set the tone for this team for the playoffs. Now every team and quarterback we face will be afraid that Harrison will try the same thing because he does not care about being fined or suspended.

2. They have created yet another issue for our team to rally behind. Just think it's the end for Smith, Hoke, potentially Hines and then the heroics of Ben and the fact that they protect everyones quarterback except ours. We all know our team feeds off of emotion and is best when their playing for something other than a superbowl.

3.We always win a superbowl when the odds are against us. 2005 first team to win without a home playoff game. This year we had the lowest turnover differential ever for a potential playoff team. I feel real good where we are right now and i do not want the 1 or 2 seed, that will add a little more urgency to this team.

Bottom-line when that play started I guarantee you Harrison knew at the moment he was about to hit Mccoy that no matter what he was going to get at least a fine and if you think about Clark's statement he said if your going to get fined you may as well knock him out. Thank you Harrison for showing the rest of the league that we will play steelers football at all cost the rest of the league better adjust. Hell he needed that week to rest his back anyway lol. The LOL response put the icing on the cake he shook alot of QB's up with that one.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-15-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    1. Harrison will be going out of his way to be careful, because if he gets another hit, he may sit for multiple games, including playoffs. That could potentially lead to an ineffective Harrison or an injury. Bad situation.

2. I agree that this is an issue for the team to rally around. However, you already have one guy saying just shut up and play, so I'm not sure they are as united as we think.

3. An AFC team winning the SB this year is a huge up-hill battle. The AFC is very even, with Pitt, Baltimore, Texas and NE all having a legitimate shot. But can any of them really beat Green Bay?

Next time harrison will hit them lower. they will be looking for their inverted knee caps , but hey at least no flag..

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Can any of them really beat Green Bay?
    I remember this same exact qoute about the Pats. 18-1
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Next time harrison will hit them lower. they will be looking for their inverted knee caps , but hey at least no flag..
    LMAO... YUP!
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers have plenty to rally behind heading into the post season. The us against the world card will be in full swing being a 5th or 6th seed, knowing that Harrison was recently suspended, Ben is hurt, Pouncey is hurt, the players that are on IR or retiring next year. There will be no shortage or emotion or rallying cries, it'll be who wants it bad enough.

Kiss the ball James...

I hope this will get them fired up but I'd be upset if they didn't all ready come out on fire!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Going on the road, across the country, with a bunch of your key players injured should be enough to make everybody step up their game.

I fully expect the 49ers to come out blazing and with the crowd behind them they'll probably score early. That happens often with home teams in prime time games. Just ride out the wave early and then settle in and play some football.

Of course making a splash play on defense early certainly wouldn't hurt.

Draft Pick
    I think it'd be funny if Harrison was to purchase a ticket for the game as a paying fan and sit in the stands and watch the game with a beer and a hotdog.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I remember this same exact qoute about the Pats. 18-1
    If you look back on that Pat season, they weren't killing people at the end of the year like they were in the beginning. The Pack still seems to be rolling over people (except the Giants, which actually got screwed out of a TD by the refs.)

The NFC playoffs should be interesting though. Dallas (on their best day), NY (if they make it), NO and maybe SF could give them a run, but I really can't see anyone beating them.

Thread Information