Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Ben can stand the pain, should he play vs 49ers?

Bookmark and Share
    No way!

If he can go he goes, Batch isn't winning us too many games.

Cinci has to win out and could beat them at home..

Ummm no....San Fran doesn't blitz too much so I'm not to worried about Ben. Why would we sit him though?? This could be our shot to win the AFCN

Very interesting analogy, but I think Ben should play if he wants to go.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Still some time before the 49ers game...I want to see how Ben progresses injury wise and I bet even though he will be far form 100% and probably will be a great deal of pain but Ben will heal enough and feel good enough to play against the 49ers......My bigger worry is Woodley really and I think having him back will boost the defense.....I'm confident in the defense with Woodley and Harrison on the field to win the game vs the 49ers especially if Ben can only pass the ball 15-20 times......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Still some time before the 49ers game...I want to see how Ben progresses injury wise and I bet even though he will be far form 100% and probably will be a great deal of pain but Ben will heal enough and feel good enough to play against the 49ers......My bigger worry is Woodley really and I think having him back will boost the defense.....I'm confident in the defense with Woodley and Harrison on the field to win the game vs the 49ers especially if Ben can only pass the ball 15-20 times......
    This is Ben's 1st HA sprain and they're saying it usually takes more weeks to heal for people who had it for the first time. Woodley is also a factor since we haven't heard his injury status. Then Harrisoon who may get suspended according to the talking heads at espn.

So if Woodley and Harrisson are out in SF we're in trouble. Maybe Batch will step up for at least one game?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Ummm no....San Fran doesn't blitz too much so I'm not to worried about Ben. Why would we sit him though?? This could be our shot to win the AFCN
    Winning the AFC is more important then being healthy in the playoffs? Lets not be Caps fans.

I don't know how in the world Ben came back out after that ugly injury! I came home from work just after it happened, so I used to the dvr to rewind to watch it a few times..OUCH! I thought for sure he was DONE with a broken leg.

At this point I say play him if he can play; it's getting down to crunch time. You need every available body on the field.

Draft Pick
    It obviously comes down to the player and how much pain he can endure. If Ben can go, then I say, let him go, but he needs to understand his importance to the team and communicate any discomfort that could prevent him from playing in the playoffs. I'm not so much worried about Ben's situation as I am about how BA approaches the game plan with a gimpy QB. We'll just have to cross our fingers and see what happens.

My Mood
    Doubtful
    If Ratbirds lose to Bolts, wouldn't mind seeing Batch and Dixon split QB duty, the later being a good run threat. I think it was just a couple yrs. ago that we almost beat the Ratbirds with Dixon. If Ratbirds win on Sunday, would prefer to see Ben rest & be in top shape for playoffs. Ratbirds are not likely to stumble the rest of the way, even though San Diego is desperate. Cincy will likely be eliminated by week 17, as Jets will likely have #6 seed secured by then.
    STEELSPIKES

if the ravens lose, everyone will take a shot for the pain and play... is chris carter better.. we may need him too.

Thread Information