Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Ben can stand the pain, should he play vs 49ers?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Actually, I hope we do play you. We always get a couple of sacks. Would love it to be us that ends his season and bagels you 3-0 for the year...you the proponents of smash mouth football. Bring it on.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Actually, I hope we do play you. We always get a couple of sacks. Would love it to be us that ends his season and bagels you 3-0 for the year...you the proponents of smash mouth football. Bring it on.
    Last time the Ravens beat the Steelers 3 times in a season...

Never.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The one bright side to Bens injury is, it's not a grade 3 sprain, which is the most serious. Whether he should play against SF depends on a lot of factors. How well he responds to treatment. How mobile he can be during practice, if and when he practices. Whether the Rat turds win or lose, it's still the NFL, anything can happen on any given Sunday. Ben has 8 more days to heal up, he's one of the most resilient players in the NFL and he has surprised a lot of people in his career already. I wouldn't count Ben out until game time, and I wouldn't count on him being immobile come game time. Be careful what you wish for Ratturd1, you'll get that and a whole lot more.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Banned
    Says the guy who told us we'd get smashed by the Bengals last week

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    absolutely. we need every game.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Has the Ravens ever beat the Steelers in the play-offs?...nope Yea the Ravens with Flacco finally got over the Steelers regular season hump........Have to prove it in the play-offs next......The 2nd game could have gone either way this year.....The first game the Ravens kicked the Steelers asses no doubt....If they meet a third time in the play-offs I like the Steelers chances in a close game......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm on the fence on this one; I want to see Ben play because without him our chances of winning are severely diminished. However if he plays and gets beat up how will he be the rest of the way out when there's 2 afc games left and then having to potentially play on opening weekend of the post season.

Knowing Ben, he could make a monster recovery over the next week and be feel pretty decent. Either way Charlie will get a lot of snaps in practice.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I'm on the fence on this one; I want to see Ben play because without him our chances of winning are severely diminished. However if he plays and gets beat up how will he be the rest of the way out when there's 2 afc games left and then having to potentially play on opening weekend of the post season.

Knowing Ben, he could make a monster recovery over the next week and be feel pretty decent. Either way Charlie will get a lot of snaps in practice.
    Ben plays until the games are meaningless......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    We need to go all out regardless. Ravens may very well lose to the Chargers so we need to win to move to the top seed in the AFC.

If Ravens win, then we need to win to keep our wildcard spot. We need to go ALL OUT regardless.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar

If Ravens beat the Chargers on SNF, you sit Ben and injured on MNF... right?

Assuming they can even go. You have to sit Ben, Pouncey, and Woodley... right? Yeah, the last week the Ravens play the Bengals and the Bengals might need a win to get into the playoffs but do we really want to place our faith in them? Is it really worth rushing players out there in the hope the Bengals beat the Ravens?

The scheduling has been great to the Steelers. They could rest some key players during the San Fran game and who knows maybe Batch can beat them.. Alex Smith is winning games so who knows. Then go out and beat the Rams and use that game to get ready for the playoffs and then rest players during the Browns game because they will be a lock for 5th regardless. They wouldn't even need the 1st week bye with the way things are going. Yeah, home field would be great but the Steelers historically play better as the underdogs on the road.

And oh yeah, they should inform Godell of their plans so he can take the necessary precautions so the Steelers want to go out there and win that game

Thread Information