Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jason Worilds starting to come into his own

Bookmark and Share
    He was great pick up in the draft. A worthy gamble.

He has and will always put pressure on the QB. If he starts adding sacks as a pro, well, then all the better.

He's great in combination with others. He'll flush that QB or make him get rid of the ball and good things will happen for our D.

Going forward, we're going to see him be disruptive with that incredible quickness he has and in combination with what we already have, it's going to be fun to watch.
    Last edited by Dobre Shunka; 12-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    well, no offense but before last night what exactly has he done on the field? waiting......one game does not all of a sudden make you a superstar. just saying......
    What had Aaron Smith done in his first 4 or 5 years? What had Harrison done (Dude was cut more than once)?

The point being made is that every player develops differently, even if he's a 1st round pick. Look how long it took Mario Williams to become one of the top DEs in the game.

Give the guy time and he's be just fine.

Yes, one game doesn't make you a star but it doesn't make you a bust either.

its funny that everyone HATED him until he started to look like more than just a body out there to get in the way.

he still sucks, hes never gonna be the player he should be as a second round OLB in the steelers very LB friendly system. even clark haggans was servicable

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    its funny that everyone HATED him until he started to look like more than just a body out there to get in the way.

he still sucks, hes never gonna be the player he should be as a second round OLB in the steelers very LB friendly system. even clark haggans was servicable
    Not everyone "hated" him. I was one of the few here who was willing to give him some time to develop. I still think he's going to be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    What had Aaron Smith done in his first 4 or 5 years? What had Harrison done (Dude was cut more than once)?

The point being made is that every player develops differently, even if he's a 1st round pick. Look how long it took Mario Williams to become one of the top DEs in the game.

Give the guy time and he's be just fine.

Yes, one game doesn't make you a star but it doesn't make you a bust either.
    it took mario williams a year...one year, im not sure what your argument is about there/ he had 14 sacks in his second year. and comparing a 34 DE to an outside linebacker is insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Not everyone "hated" him. I was one of the few here who was willing to give him some time to develop. I still think he's going to be a good player.
    right...in hindsight everyone was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, im sure. he was a maerely average prospect and hes transformed from a terrible player to a merely average one. the reps have done him good, but jason worilds is not and never will be the answer at OLB imo

it took mario williams a year...one year, im not sure what your argument is about there/ he had 14 sacks in his second year. and comparing a 34 DE to an outside linebacker is insanity.
    Mario Williams was a 4-3 DE when he came into the league. He also came into the league as a starter, and the expectations as the number one pick was through the roof.

The point being made is that not every #1 pick will take the league by storm. Sometimes it takes time for their mental abilities to catch up with the physical. I think that's what happened with Williams and I think it's happening with Worilds. There's nothing insane about that.

right...in hindsight everyone was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, im sure. he was a maerely average prospect and hes transformed from a terrible player to a merely average one. the reps have done him good, but jason worilds is not and never will be the answer at OLB imo
    I don't think everyone was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people hated this pick and leaned more towards Thad Gibson.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect it. However, I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be.
    Last edited by harpo; 12-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.

mario williams had high expectations due to him going over reggie bush, and i was talking about comparing him to aaron smith taking a few years

mario williams had high expectations due to him going over reggie bush, and i was talking about comparing him to aaron smith taking a few years
    I know what the expectations were surrounding Williams. But still, the expectations were gigantic.

Also, I wasn't comparing Williams' situation to Smith. Again, I was trying to make the point that not all players hone their skills when initially drafted, be it a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, undrafted, etc. Each player is different; some develop sooner, others later and some don't meet the expectations at all.

Thread Information