Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds starting to come into his own

Bookmark and Share
    He kept contain on running plays and pressured the QB all night.

The only whoopsie he had all night was when Seneca Wallace came and completed the pass to the TE - Worilds gave up on the route and that allowed the TE to get open. I know it was zone defense, but you can't make it that easy on them, especially down there. Good job otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by steelfury455 View Post
    He's no better or worse than Woodley at this point in development who is the king of "gimme" sacks. 8 solos is the key stat to me.

he's getting extended time at last and is coming along nicely.

He's no better or worse than Woodley at this point in development who is the king of "gimme" sacks. 8 solos is the key stat to me.
    Am I the only one who finds this comment outrageous?

Worilds couldn't massage Woody's butt cheeks, but he is doing a serviceable job at LOLB so far.

Never know, he might be at ROLB next week if sh*t for brains in the NFL offices in NYC suspend Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    I respectfully disagree.....mostly every critic of Jason Worilds on this board said he was a bust.

However, I agree that they had every right to be disappointed in his play.
    well, no offense but before last night what exactly has he done on the field? waiting......one game does not all of a sudden make you a superstar. just saying......

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 06:44 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    no you arent..........

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    All I'm saying Big T, and I mean no disrespect, is I'm still searching for that BIG contract "earned" production from Wood. When I break him down I truly don't see it. And when he does have a "stat" game it's not like he overwhelms. Just saying. I saw one sack this year where it was WOW, in the NE game. Otherwise it could have been anyone who was in the area. To me he doesn't doesn't shed blocks well and rarely holds the edge. Strictly talking when he rushes the QB. Just a critical fan here..

All I'm saying Big T, and I mean no disrespect, is I'm still searching for that BIG contract "earned" production from Wood. When I break him down I truly don't see it. And when he does have a "stat" game it's not like he overwhelms. Just saying. I saw one sack this year where it was WOW, in the NE game. Otherwise it could have been anyone who was in the area. To me he doesn't doesn't shed blocks well and rarely holds the edge. Strictly talking when he rushes the QB. Just a critical fan here..
    the guy was the best defensive player in football in the nfl for the month of october. he's the fastest player in nfl history to reach 10 sacks in the playoffs. YES he has a big contract but before the injury, he certainly earned it with 9 sacks in 8 games WITHOUT help from james on the other side. "anyone" could have done it who was in the area? hmmmmm, i seem to recall mr worilds being notorious for being that guy who's always in the backfield but not quite reaching the qb. EVEN YESTERDAY. despite the 2 sacks there were many occasions where he should have had a sack but overpursued or took a bad angle. he was the same way in college.........

The "trash Woodley" season is over, sorry. We've moved on to other people who'll end up redeeming themselves.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Woodley started out slow this year, the entire defense did. Nobody was getting sacks or pressures, and we couldn't stop the run. It took about a month for them to start getting their sea legs and then as was mentioned Woodley was the AFC Defensive Player of the Month. Had he not gone down with the hamstring there's no telling how many sacks he'd have right now. That's without James Harrison too, which makes it a more impressive stat.

Worilds may not, and certainly is not on the level of Woodley yet, but he's been fighting and scratching and getting better each week. 2 Sacks and a FF is a pretty good game. Jason also started out really bad in the preseason and training camp, and then had some injuries earlier this year.

This defense just hasn't been able to get everyone on the field healthy all year.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Worilds is becoming a force now. So the bust talk can stop now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information