Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall and the 4 straight runs at the goal line...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry

Mendenhall and the 4 straight runs at the goal line...

I really dislike this guy. Why did we give him the ball 4 times? Why is it Redman can gain positive yardage and Mendenhall can't?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I really dislike this guy. Why did we give him the ball 4 times? Why is it Redman can gain positive yardage and Mendenhall can't?
    Rashard drives me nuts....Against a tougher defense last week in the Bengals he runs tough and scores two TD's in the red zone.......this week stuffed 4 times....lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well don't blame Mendenhall for that horrendous playcalling on the goal line. He should have never been given the ball 4 times.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Well don't blame Mendenhall for that horrendous playcalling on the goal line. He should have never been given the ball 4 times.
    I agree with that! BUT on the goalline shouldnt u run lower. He ran high and got stood up each time, dont get me wrong the O-line didnt help, I guarantee you edman would have ran low!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Everyone keeps saying what a good back Mendenhall is, sorry at best he'd have a hard time to reach average. A good back is consistent Mendy is not,even when they're stoned walled you can see the the effort and drive in a good back.

The way he carries the ball drives me crazy after 3 years in the league he still doesn't have a clue. he has the talent but no heart. if only we could give him Redman's desire he would be special.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

There is no way you can justify blaming Mendenhall at all for those plays on the goal line. I've never seen an offensive line get blown up four straight plays like last night. I watched each of those 4 downs probably 5 times after the game and the blame falls completely on the line. Do you really expect Rashard to run over 4 guys to get in the endzone? I'm 100% confident that if Pouncey was in there, there would've been 6 points added to the scoreboard. Everyone is always bitching about redman at the goal line but seem to forget that most of Mendenhall's 13 TDs last year came from the goal line. Everyone bitches about Mendy's dancing and how he's not all "smashmouth", but when he's at the goal line, there's no dancing. He finds a hole and goes forward. It's the lines responsibility to create those holes. I get that Mendenhall isn't Bettis, but all the hate is a bit ridiculous. The man ran HARD after Ben went down and had a very solid game. Before that goal line stand he had 12 carries for 75 yards. That's over 6 a carry.
    Last edited by Big T; 12-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    There is no way you can justify blaming Mendenhall at all for those plays on the goal line. I've never seen an offensive line get blown up four straight plays like last night. I watched each of those 4 downs probably 5 times after the game and the blame falls completely on the line. Do you really expect Rashard to run over 4 guys to get in the endzone? I'm 100% confident that if Pouncey was in there, there would've been 6 points added to the scoreboard. Everyone is always bitching about redman at the goal line but seem to forget that most of Mendenhall's 13 TDs last year came from the goal line. Everyone bitches about Mendy's dancing and how he's not all "smashmouth", but when he's at the goal line, there's no dancing. He finds a hole and goes forward. It's the lines responsibility to create those holes. I get that Mendenhall isn't Bettis, but all the hate is a bit ridiculous. The man ran HARD after Ben went down and had a very solid game. Before that goal line stand he had 12 carries for 75 yards. That's over 6 a carry.
    cosigned.

My Mood
    Breezy
    OMFg thank you.... someone who actually can realize that Mendy isnt the worst fing running back! he is good, like i said, no adrian peterson but he is damn near close in my oppinion. Redmen is the darren sproles of the steelers

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    This is my bitch EVERY damn week!!!! Why the hell would you be on the 2 yard line and give Mendy the ball 4 times!!!!!! I mean if he can't get in the first 2 why the hell would you keep playing that call???????

THEY DONT CALL HIM REDZONE REDMAN FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! BA NEEDS TO WAKE THE F*CK UP!!!! i HATE THAT GUY EVEN MORE!

--- Added 12/9/2011 at 08:13 AM ---

I'll agree with you on the last 2 sentences...Mendy did run hard after Ben got hurt but why do you have to put a fire under that guy's arse to get him to run hard...Redman runs hard everytime...95% of the time he will get the yards and then some!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    This is my bitch EVERY damn week!!!! Why the hell would you be on the 2 yard line and give Mendy the ball 4 times!!!!!! I mean if he can't get in the first 2 why the hell would you keep playing that call???????

THEY DONT CALL HIM REDZONE REDMAN FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! BA NEEDS TO WAKE THE F*CK UP!!!! i HATE THAT GUY EVEN MORE!
    Damn girl, step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath, lol!

I do agree, I was pissed!

Thread Information