Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's penalty hit on McCoy saved the game for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Reward to whoever flattens Harrison, Ben, Ward and Polo for good.
    reward to whoever pulls off the ultimate miracle, getting you out of mommy's basement and finds you a social life.........

Rookie Free Agent
    No need to... the mans a bully...HISTORY of bad hits. Easy to take bully's out.

BTW...you play your last game at Cleveland. Can you suck any worse there?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Really? Your the guy who cheapshots someone in the back of the head with a beer bottle in a bar fight. What a bitch you are.....

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

interesting. how are these hits any "better"?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFuoY0Tw-VI[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeLKsV6FGpg[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVc32igKZC8[/MEDIA]

typical hypocritical baltimoron. bully? are you for real? THIS IS FOOTBALL! you're supposed to HIT. it's a PHYSICAL GAME. don't like it? i suggest you stick to watching tennis while you knit sweaters with your mommy.........

Who knows? At least we were able to beat off a Jaguars team which sucked so bad the owner had to sell the freaking club, fire the coach and bench their not only one, but two starting QBs.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

2nd String
    The Ravens won by two scores, the Steelers won by two scores. The Browns scored 10 points against the Ravens, they scored 3 against the Steelers. As result, with the wild difference in scoring, I can see how you can be so smarmy.

I don't get fans. Are you friggin' blind, or stupid? I mean that honestly. You know that on any given day, the Steelers can beat the Ravens and the Ravens could beat the Steelers. And fans will run their mouths like they actually have something to do with the outcome, or have stock in the game.

It is football. Just watch and comment intelligently. It goes a long way.

And remember, we are in first place in the division, with the number 1 defense. So take that!

Last edited by Speeed; 12-09-2011 at 11:11 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    In the aftermath of the Steelers' sluggish 14-3 victory over Cleveland on Thursday night, an unapologetic James Harrison was somewhat perplexed about the roughing-the-passer penalty he incurred late in the fourth quarter.

Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy left the pocket to complete a pass to Montario Hardesty with 5:59 to play and the Browns trailing, 7-3. Harrison delivered a vicious helmet-to-helmet blow that left McCoy stretched out on the cold, ragged Heinz Field turf.

The penalty tacked on 15 yards, placed the ball on the Steelers' 19 and positioned the Browns to steal a rare victory in this one-sided AFC North rivalry. But five plays later, cornerback William Gay intercepted a hurried pass from a disoriented McCoy.
    Harrison isn't likely to escape the wrath of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell when league officials deliberate next week to consider either a fine or suspension -- or both.
    "From what I understand, once the quarterback leaves the pocket, he's a runner," Harrison said. "All the 'defenseless' liberties a quarterback has in the pocket are gone.
    "You can tackle him just as if he's a running back. The hit wasn't late, so I really don't understand why it was called. We'll see what transpires later on in the week."
    According to a league spokesman, Harrison's hit on McCoy probably will be reviewed early next week to determine whether referee Ed Hochuli's crew erred in penalizing Harrison for illegal contact to the head - a rule change tweaked specifically to protect "a passer who is in a defenseless posture."

Harrison clearly made contact with McCoy's helmet as he torpedoed his 255-pound body into the Browns' quarterback, who was exposed after releasing the pass. McCoy, who later complained of concussion-like symptoms, said he couldn't remember Harrison's hit. He was visibly dazed as he walked through the stadium corridor prior to his postgame interview.

Harrison and his agent, Bill Parise, are preparing for Goodell to deliver the next blow in a verbal sparring match that began when Harrison publicly ridiculed the commissioner during the NFL lockout for insinuating he's a dirty player.

However, it's Harrison's past that appears to give Goodell leverage to issue a significant fine. The All-Pro linebacker was fined more than $100,000 for three incidents last season, including a helmet-to-helmet blow to Cleveland wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi.

"There was nothing dirty about that (McCoy) hit," Parise said Friday. "There was nothing malicious about it. It was nothing more than a great player making a great play.
    "I don't think anyone watching (Thursday) night - including the league office - feels that was a flagrant hit. It's just football. It was a tenth of a second between (McCoy) releasing the ball and James hitting him."

Parise acknowledged that he and Harrison exchanged text messages yesterday, but declined to say if their conversation centered on how they will move forward if the league opts to fine Harrison.

"There are a couple of issues here," Parise said. "The (league) will look at the tape, and I would want to hear what they say before James and I make a decision.
    "I'm certainly willing to appeal. Right now, we're all sitting here saying, 'What if?' I think it's proven that appeals are basically worthless."

However, Parise convinced league officials last season to reduce two of Harrison's fines.

It may not factor into Goodell's decision, but the Steelers are among the most heavily fined teams in the league this season. Safeties Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu have both been fined twice this season, including Clark's $40,000 fine for his Nov. 6 hit on Ravens tight end Ed Dickson.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    u obviously pissed about something. what is your fn problem dude?

And their fans.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    Lot's of hate out there for James. Not from me.
    Nor from me or Peter King:

On Harrison:
    I've watched the replay maybe 10 times now. Colt McCoy leaves the pocket, runs to his left, tucks the ball under his right arm, and a step or step-and-a-half before making contact with Harrison, pulls the ball out and quickly flips it to Montario Hardesty. Harrison hits McCoy helmet-to-helmet right in McCoy's facemask, and McCoy falls to the turf. Harrison gets flagged for roughing the passer.
    Here's where the debate comes in, and why I believe it will be hard for the NFL to suspend Harrison: If McCoy was viewed as a runner -- which he surely would be while having the ball tucked under his arm, with no intention of throwing it -- then once he is out of the pocket, he is treated like a running back, not a quarterback. And a runner can be hit helmet-to-helmet without penalty.
    But if a quarterback leaves the pocket with the intention still to pass, he loses some protection from the rules of being in the pocket. He can be hit low, and the one-step rule about hitting a quarterback after the release of the ball goes away.
    After the game, Harrison told reporters: "From what I understand, once the quarterback leaves the pocket, he's considered a runner.''
    Not exactly. If he leaves the pocket and looks to be intending to throw, he can't be hit helmet-to-helmet. If he leaves the pocket and appears to be a runner, he can be hit helmet-to-helmet.
    It'll be a close call for discipline czars Ray Anderson and Merton Hanks to decide next week. And Harrison should have aimed lower anyway. But I don't know how they look at the replay and say McCoy isn't a runner when he has the ball tucked under his right arm. And is running.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1g8i4ACAV
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Possible suspension for Harrison for being a repeat offender?....Its BS but that is Roger The Clown's NFL.......
    Seymour wasn't suspended for being a repeat offender...

Thread Information