Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's penalty hit on McCoy saved the game for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    Good hit to me, Colt should of been flagged for allwoing James to CRUSH him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    I think that just emphasizes the absurdity of the rules; a player should not make a play a certain way even thought it is legal, because of a potential fine? Or the fickleness of the rules, Goodell, or the refs? That affects the game in both profound and obvious ways.

If McCoy does not lower this helmet, it is a clean hit. And from what I understand, there are some variables, and sound arguments, that this hit was legal. But of course, Goodell will fine Harrison, because he will not admit that the NFL refs made a mistake. That cannot happen, that will weaken his position as dictator and open himself up to future appeals with at least an iota of valid defense.

He will not weigh any of this with objectivity. Remember when this trend started? And Harrison was fined like 75K? That was ridiculous. How about fining the Browns for letting McCoy back on the field with a bruised melon?

This league pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    if james would have lead with his shoulder and not the crown of his helmet he would have avoided hitting colt's helmet altogether.

at some point james has got to realize that he just can't tackle a QB like that any more, whether he thinks he's a runner or not. whether he's trying to hit him in the chest or not. i know it's hard to change in a split second but like that, but he's gonna have to make the adjustment or keep finding his wallet lighter, keep putting his team in jeopardy with a 15 yrd penalty or worse...getting suspended.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i disagree, i dont think it was that bad... from the slow motion angles that i seen, it looks like james didnt "get" him as much as he could of and barely (if any) actually even hit helmet to helmet. James pushes him, which IMO is where the force comes from.

#myperspective
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    So now im hearing that he is facing more then just a fine for this.

Quote Originally Posted by StlersGuy View Post
    So now im hearing that he is facing more then just a fine for this.
    Well of course, we wouldn't expect him to be able to play in San Fran that would be unfair to them so Goodell will make sure he evens the palying field!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    The thing I see about the hit was Colt tucked the ball making him a runner yeah je did end up throwing it but only at last sec when he saw 92 in hid face. Yes Harrison did use his helmen and for that the flag was the right call I just dont see anymore then a fine

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Lot's of hate out there for James. Not from me. He may have saved the game at great personal loss to his ownself. $$$ plus.

And their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by StlersGuy View Post
    The thing I see about the hit was Colt tucked the ball making him a runner yeah je did end up throwing it but only at last sec when he saw 92 in hid face. Yes Harrison did use his helmen and for that the flag was the right call I just dont see anymore then a fine
    Exactly! He TUCKED the ball till the last second and got leveled. I believe "helmet to helmet" may apply here since he did not cross the line of scrimmage which would make him a runner and all bets are off. But discretion should be used by the league since he was well outside the pocket and appeared to be a runner. I have zero issue with the hit. James didn't even really lay into him. To me it was a hard shove with incidental helmet contact. Still hard to believe how far this game has degraded in the past few years. I don't use "hate" much but man I hate that Goodell..

Rookie Free Agent
    Reward to whoever flattens Harrison, Ben, Ward and Polo for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Reward to whoever flattens Harrison, Ben, Ward and Polo for good.
    Maybe you can talk to ray ray and just get him to stab them.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information