Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should have kicked the field goal in the 4th quarter

Bookmark and Share
    I agree with Tomlin 1000000000% if you can't get in from 2 yards out you deserve to lose!

BUT why the same play 4 times? IMO they didn't take this Browns team serious at all!

Coming in to last nights game their D was ranked right up there...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I posted this in another thread but it's appropriate for this one as well:

There is no way you can justify blaming Mendenhall at all for those plays on the goal line. I've never seen an offensive line get blown up four straight plays like last night. I watched each of those 4 downs probably 5 times after the game and the blame falls completely on the line. Do you really expect Rashard to run over 4 guys to get in the endzone? I'm 100% confident that if Pouncey was in there, there would've been 6 points added to the scoreboard. Everyone is always bitching about redman at the goal line but seem to forget that most of Mendenhall's 13 TDs last year came from the goal line. Everyone bitches about Mendy's dancing and how he's not all "smashmouth", but when he's at the goal line, there's no dancing. He finds a hole and goes forward. It's the lines responsibility to create those holes. I get that Mendenhall isn't Bettis, but all the hate is a bit ridiculous. The man ran HARD after Ben went down and had a very solid game. Before that goal line stand he had 12 carries for 75 yards. That's over 6 a carry.

I disagree... you go for it on 4th. Defence was playing well.

Only thing is you bring Redman in and show Mendenhall that you need to learn how to get low or your not seeing anymore action inside the 5 yard line ever again

Mendy made Gocong look like an elite LB.. he gets his head low, underneath gocong and runs through him, he blows him up and falls in the endzone

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    4th down on 1, im going for it every time. now prior to that the play callings were off. Bunch formation on GL cmon. Why did DJ come in till 4th? Where was Redman especially on 4th...

As a O Cord for an adult football team, im going for it on 4th n G on 1, EVERY TIME, thats not the issue in my book. Its the plays they ran. F a playaction... not on 4th down, on 1st or 2nd, yes. Your screwed if you get sacked. 3 n 1 is better than 3 n 11. But when that doesnt work, let bring in the beef...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    It's easy to say after the fact that going for it was the best call, because we still won. I still say we kick. They have let lesser teams stick around all season, hell.. the past few seasons as well. Getting 3 forces at worst a tie (if they scored and didn't try for two). Why give them a chance at a win? KC almost did, and the Browns almost did as well. I agree the play calling there was horrible, but I say you kick, go up by 7.

Draft Pick
    You coach the game in front of you right?

In this case wrong.

We're trying to run the table and hope that San Diego or Cincy can knock off the ratbirds. If we don't win THIS game, against a team we absolutely should beat then we're locked into a 5 seed.

We have no shot at home field and/or a bye if we lose to the browns, NONE! At that point the best opportunity to position yourself to win is to extend the game and try and insure a tie just in case. Remember there are 3 phases to a football game and no matter how well our defense is playing, or how inept the Browns offense is, special teams often make a difference in games like last night; and while our coverage teams are much improved this year, anything can happen.

Take the 3 and force them to get in the end zone to tie, not take the lead and hope for some help from other teams.

IMO

I also agree with Tomlin 100% and I think it was another reason why he is a very good coach. He challenged his players to make 2 yards, and when they didn't he called the same play 3 more times. When they failed he than challenged the defense to pick up the slack and win the game. It was the Browns and if we can't get 2 yards or stop them from mounting a 99 yard drive how the hell are you going to beat Brady or Rodgers in Jan or Feb? If we where playing the Pats or a better team than you run a play action on one of the downs and if you don't make it in 3 you kick the FG. But last night the right call was 4 runs.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Manic
    mendy,redman or d-8 bulldozer nothing could have scored.we should have screenedor te corner route something gocong was launching and leading with his head oh yeah they only call it when it's obvious dude i slowed down one of those runs i think it was the 3rd down try gocong hit mendy with the top of his helmet square in the facemask it almost broke the plexishield on the helmet

--- Added 12/10/2011 at 03:33 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I also agree with Tomlin 100% and I think it was another reason why he is a very good coach. He challenged his players to make 2 yards, and when they didn't he called the same play 3 more times. When they failed he than challenged the defense to pick up the slack and win the game. It was the Browns and if we can't get 2 yards or stop them from mounting a 99 yard drive how the hell are you going to beat Brady or Rodgers in Jan or Feb? If we where playing the Pats or a better team than you run a play action on one of the downs and if you don't make it in 3 you kick the FG. But last night the right call was 4 runs.
    larry ben could barely stand and you want play action .............ok!

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post

larry ben could barely stand and you want play action .............ok!
    No, what I meant was is a normal situation that would be the thing to do. I agree with the calls on all 4 plays.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    No, what I meant was is a normal situation that would be the thing to do. I agree with the calls on all 4 plays.
    The players used for those 4 plays needed to change..

Thread Information