Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you shut down Woodley for the rest of the regular season?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Would you shut down Woodley for the rest of the regular season?

Something interesting to think about, and maybe not that far fetched as it may seem. Lamarr tweaked him hamstring, or so the rumor is, in the Bengals game on Sunday. If you listen to the man himself, he'll say he could have gone back in but he wanted to rest it. If you listen to Tomlin, he'll say it was a minor setback and they held him out for precautionary reasons.

Do you consider letting him rest the remaining games of the regular season so he's fully healthy for the playoffs. You don't want to have a pass rush rotation if you can help it in the post season. You want every guy as healthy as possible, and lets face it you want Woodley on the field when it's do or die. If you shut him down and give him rest, let Worilds get more experience, you'll be all but guaranteed to have Lamarr healthy for week 1 of the postseason.

The flip side is, the Steelers are in a dog fight right now and still have a chance to win the division. If the trainers and doctors say he can play, then he should play. Nothing is guaranteed right now even though the Steelers are in a good position heading into the last 4 games of the regular season. You need to win every game and having Woodley on the field increases your chances of doing that.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    I think it depends what the doctors and trainers say what the best thing to do is.I mean it is something to think about,make a great point we need him healthy for the playoffs

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Really no need to rush any decision on him yet.....Rest him vs the Stains for sure........The Steelers will have extra time before the 49er game to really decide on LaMarr.......

Yep...

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    If he is not 100% then I wouldn't use him except for maybe the 49ers game. The good thing about our MNF game against the 49ers is the Ravens play the Chargers Sunday night so we will already know by then if we have a chance to win the AFC North by beating the 49ers (I'm assuming we win out after the 49ers game).

If the Ravens beat the Chargers then I think they will win out, and so it doesn't matter if we lose to the 49ers since it won't affect our playoff seeding. Lets hope the Chargers win so the 49ers game will decide if we win the AFC North.
    Last edited by Steelers/PSU Fan; 12-07-2011 at 03:16 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree there's no need to rush a decision on whether to play him but I would definitely sit his butt down for the Browns game. Like I said if you can't beat the Browns without Lamarr Woodley then you have other issues to work out.

Steeldad made a good point on the podcast last night, if we are sitting here at say 11-1 with a 2 or 3 game lead in the division then yeah maybe you give him some rest but the Steelers can still win the division as of now; just be smart about when you bring him back.

He'd sit for sure Thursday.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Impatient
    Woodley is being cautious and honest about his hamstring. I dont care if he plays a few plays here and there to help keep him in shape and "game ready." I hope he doesnt play Thursday against the Browns, but I would like him in there some the last three games. I am afraid that since he is a slow starter in the beginning of the season that if he takes 4 weeks off, he may be less effective in the playoffs.

Naw you gotta start giving him and that hammy some work before the playoffs or he won"t be worth a thing when the playoffs start
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

yes shut him down, the man lives for the postseason and if the hammy is gonna be an issue for the rest of the year get him to 100% or close to it for the playoffs

Thread Information