I don't see Cowher leaving just yet. The media likes to read into everything way more than they need to. I'm glad the talks have stopped for the season so we can work on getting back to back titles once more! I'll say this though. If we win the SB again this year I would bet on Bill calling it quits. If we don't he may go another year or two just to try and get another.

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Evidence continues to mount that the 2006 football season could be the last one for Bill Cowher as coach of the Steelers.
The latest indication came when club president Art Rooney II yesterday confirmed a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report that negotiations with the coach's agent to extend his contract had ended for this year. Talks will not resume -- if they do at all -- until after the season.
Cowher has two seasons left on his contract. This will be the first time in his 15 seasons that he will not have extended his contract when it had two years left. He and the Steelers last came to an agreement on a two-year extension through the 2007 season in July 2004.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06228/713842-66.stm