Thread: Tomlin: "We don't want to be dead indians"

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tomlin: "We don't want to be dead indians"

During the Mike Tomlin weekly press conference, which aired on Monday rather than Tuesday since the Steelers play on Thursday night, he made what might be the best Tomlin quote ever.

In reference to Josh Cribbs of the Browns, he answered the question about the caliber of Josh Cribbs and his impact: "We don't want to be dead indians in the Josh Cribbs cowboy show"

You can listen to the full audio here on SA. Here are the highlights on the major topics Tomlin covered.
    Despite a short week, coach Mike Tomlin hasn't ruled out outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley or right guard Ramon Foster for Thursday night when the Steelers host the Browns.

Woodley played sparingly in the Steelers' 35-7 win against the Bengals yesterday, while Foster left the game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle.
    Tomlin said Foster is questionable to play in the 8:20 p.m. game Thursday and that Woodley is "still in play" for the AFC North contest.

Tomlin hesitated to say Woodley had taken a step back yesterday, but he acknowledged the Steelers' sacks leader had been on a snap count against the Bengals – one that he didn`t reach.

"I don't know if you want to characterize it as setback at this point," Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference. "The week will provide that legitimate information for us. Obviously he felt something and he was mature enough to not do any further damage to do it. We`ll see if that provides an opportunity to put him in play this week."

Tomlin is hopeful that Larry Foote, who missed yesterday's game with a hamstring injury, will be able to return Thursday. Outside linebacker Chris Carter and wide receiver Arnaz Battle, who are also battling hamstring injuries, are not expected to play against the Browns.

In other injury news, Tomlin said running back Jonathan Dwyer and nose tackle Chris Hoke are visiting doctors today because of foot and neck injuries, respectively.
    Hoke is dealing with lingering effect from the stinger that he sustained earlier this season, Tomlin said.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-05-2011 at 10:39 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Chris Carter =china doll

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    With Foster officially listed as questionable, and this being a short week, I can see the Steelers giving him a rest if there is any question about his health. You want him to play because the line needs that continuity but at the same time if he plays and he's not 100% you can aggravate that ankle and end up missing more time.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quite possibly the best "Tomlinism" I've ever heard. I wonder if he practiced that one before the press conference. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CowherPower View Post
    Quite possibly the best "Tomlinism" I've ever heard. I wonder if he practiced that one before the press conference. LOL
    Same here, it's a one liner that can only be used one time!!

Woodley injury looks serious..not sure why they played him if he wasn't 100%.

I guess as long as we have #43 healthy, we should be ok!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    Agreed. If by fluke we should lose this game for any reason, it would be probably due to letting Cribbs run one back or something like that.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mewelde Moore left with a slight hamstring injury last week too, giving way to Jonathan Dwyer. I'd like to see Dwyer maybe get some carries this weekend since the Browns rush defense is so bad.

Thread Information