Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers could be peaking at the right time.

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry

Steelers could be peaking at the right time.

Like many of you, I believed the Steelers had been winning ugly. They played a complete game sunday vs a worthy opponent. The teams that are playing well going down the stretch are usually the ones that do the most damage. Alot of teams that started out hot are now fading. (bills,Lions,Bengals). The defense is now starting to get turnovers.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I'll wait for the 49ers game. If they win in dominating fashion and put up a solid showing, then I'll saying they are peeking at the right time. The 49ers are a very beatable team, and we need to bring it to them big time.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    I'll wait for the 49ers game. If they win in dominating fashion and put up a solid showing, then I'll saying they are peeking at the right time. The 49ers are a very beatable team, and we need to bring it to them big time.
    They give up a lot of sacks and their secondary is vulnerable. Key is stop Gore and don't shoot (ourselves) in the foot.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mos definitely the Steelers could be peaking at the right time, and well actually they should be peaking right now. This is the time when you want to get on a roll or be on a roll already. The more momentum you can have the better heading into December and January.

The Steelers have 3 in a row since the week before the bye and have completely winnable games ahead of them. There is still much work to be done though, like for example 3rd downs. On Sunday the Steelers blew out the Bengals but they were only 2-11 on 3rd downs.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I made the comment a few days ago that I believe the Steelers hadn't peaked yet and would soon start playing their best football....Hopefully Sunday was the start of the Steelers peaking and dominating teams the rest of the way all the way to the Super Bowl.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Oh yeah......Even the players have already said yesterday's game was not their best football (scary thought for opposing teams).

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

They might be.. But I truly believe cinci sucks!

But I have a good feeling! Look at the Bills, Lions, Giants, they all ready peaked and are done!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They might be.. But I truly believe cinci sucks!

But I have a good feeling! Look at the Bills, Lions, Giants, they all ready peaked and are done!
    The Bengals have a legit defense....

statistically speaking, it was a very pedestrian game, but they key was the Steelers won the turnover battle, got a TD on special teams, didn't have too many penalties, and most importantly, converted red zone opportunities into TD's.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    honestly i never thought san fran was as good as their record. their schedule has been very week and the only teams they've blown out are the bucs and their garbage nfc west rivals. put that team in a big game with an offense that puts up points and put the game in alex smith's hands and game over........

Thread Information