Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stable of Backs? Redman and/or Dwyer at FB-ish

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar

Stable of Backs? Redman and/or Dwyer at FB-ish

Just spitballin, but what do you guys think about Redman/Dwyer being on the field with Mendy more often as a second back or FB more often.

Gives the D more to think about where the handoff/screen might go. And that would leave us with 2 WRs. But thats not a problem anymore cause Brown and Wallace are more then enough with Miller in the middle.
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would like to see more situations where Redman & Mendenhall are on the field together, or Redman & Dwyer, or Mendy & Dwyer.

I don't expect to see this though since Arians doesn't like having more than 1 back on the field at a time but with a running game that struggles with consistency having that dual threat would be an ideal situation. You could also line both of them up behind Ben and then fire it down field.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I don't Arians will think outside the box that much when it comes to the running game. He's got tunnel vision to his passing game and the 1 back offense that actually putting 2 good backs on the field at the same time would go against his very being, LOL.

Rookie Free Agent
    I feel if anything Redman should get more reps then dwyer, Redman is a beast when the line does its job if he finds a hole even if it collapes he still runs over bodys everywhere fighting for that extra yardage.

I remember CJ and WHITE in TENN they were a two headed monster WHITE was a bruser and CJ was the speedy quick one, and when those to were clicking it worked wonders for their running game, but then CJ became the star and the rest is history..

the nfl life span for a mix of two running backs doesnt seem to last long, idk why...

oh and the fact that we have a dipshit OC doesnt help

I think it would be a good idea to use Dwyer as the fullback in that package because he's use to running from that spot and that would still leave Redman fresh to spell Mendenhall. I don't think that would be a bad idea at all , it would give the defense something else they would have to gameplan for.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Unless the other back with Mendenhall is a legit blocking FB, then I don't want to see it.

I would also say the days of (1) running back carrying the load are gone. Steelers rushed 33+ times yesterday for 130+ yards. While Mendy only had 60 of those yards, I thought he ran well and has demonstrated all year that he has a nose for the endzone.

And of there is something good out of Mendy's limited touches, he will be fresh for the playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I would also say the days of (1) running back carrying the load are gone. Steelers rushed 33+ times yesterday for 130+ yards. While Mendy only had 60 of those yards, I thought he ran well and has demonstrated all year that he has a nose for the endzone.

And of there is something good out of Mendy's limited touches, he will be fresh for the playoff run.
    I think Mendenhall running style is better suited for the coldweather when the defense can't change direction with him easily. He should be good and fresh for the playoffs.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The fullback is pretty much dead in the NFL period....better get use to it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The fullback is pretty much dead in the NFL period....better get use to it.......
    On the Steelers, I agree. In Baltimore, Houston, Minnesota, Oakland,Dallas, NY Jets and Giants, to name a few, a FB is very much a part of the offense, hence all these teams run the ball very effectively.

Thread Information