Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pass interference in 2nd quarter

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Ditto

I'd like to see it again, I think he impeded Wallace from getting to the ball which is why it looked uncatchable.
    you are correct... did you watch the packers game, aaron gets the same calls often on incompletes as does brady.

go steelers...

My Mood
    Clowns
    It could have gone either way, I have little doubt of that. These officials just really have no idea what they are calling anymore. This is why I'm such an advocate for instant replay in certain types of penalty situations; at least having the ability as a coach to challenge if they want.

As of yesterday, it may very well have gone against us, but how many times have calls gone against the Steelers that shouldn't have been that could have made a difference?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wallace did have his arm pinned by Crocker......Almost any ball is catchable when we're talking Mike Wallace...lol

I thought PI was pretty cheesy there. An illegal contact or hold, alright. PI, eh, not too sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I have to admit, I didn't think that was a legitimate pass interference penalty either. However since the Steelers get called for so many phantom penalties on any given week, I'll take one that goes in our favor for once.
    Makes up for the phantom PI penalty vs Heath negating COtchery's TD in Cincy 3 weeks ago.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Going back to some of the Bungholes forums after the game.....pathetic. A lot of the members screaming they got raped by the refs, Steelers paid the refs, they can't catch a break and to top it off saying it was along the same lines as our SB win against Seattle. Wow is all I can say.......

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Going back to some of the Bungholes forums after the game.....pathetic. A lot of the members screaming they got raped by the refs, Steelers paid the refs, they can't catch a break and to top it off saying it was along the same lines as our SB win against Seattle. Wow is all I can say.......

WHen a team loses 10-7 or something close, and there is a questionable PI call, OK. But when a team loses by 4 TD's, C'Mon. . .

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    WHen a team loses 10-7 or something close, and there is a questionable PI call, OK. But when a team loses by 4 TD's, C'Mon. . .
    No doubt but these are Bunghole fans we're talking about. Any sign of a good season and they're the next best thing since sliced bread. That "good" season starts to go to hell, it's the refs are to blame or oh woe is me we can't catch a break.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    It was Kimo von Oelhoffen
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Bengal fans, or anyone else for that matter, don't have a leg to stand on with refs blowing calls and giving breaks to other teams. The Steelers get the short end of the stick every year, especially the last 2 seasons when all these fines started coming down and Ray Anderson tightened the reigns on physicality in the NFL.

I wouldn't want to be an NFL official right now. Those guys are scrutinized by the league 9 ways to Sunday. Call this, don't call that, call this but only with A,B,& C are also happening but be sure that D is in play too?

Couple that with the usual amount of "judgment" calls that the officials make every week and it's just not a good situation right now.

Thread Information