Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben still motivated that Browns passed on him in the draft

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Big Ben still motivated that Browns passed on him in the draft

Watching the NFL Network, they reminded us that Ben still gets alittle extra motivation when he plays an Ohio team. He mentioned how he still gets up for the games against the Browns especially since they had a chance to take him at #6 but instead took Kellen Winslow.

Ben's record against the Browns as a starter: 12-1. Record against the Bengals as a starter, 12-4.

So basically since he came into the league and started for the Steelers he is 24-5 against Ohio teams. Not too shabby to say the least. On a short week and being a rivalry game in primetime, you have to think Ben will have something extra for his friends across the state.

Imagine for a minute what he would have done had the Browns taken him? Would he even still be playing football right now? He gets killed behind a Steelers O-Line but atleast he has talent around him. The Browns have not surrounded their QB's with any consistent talent other Josh Cribbs. Everyone else has faded out over the years, been injured, or just left for greener pastures. Remember too how many coaches they've been though.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    He'd be out of football with a staph infection. Lol
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Roethlisberger would make the Browns competitive. He'd have the Browns between 8-8 and 10-6 most seasons. The Browns have had some talent on defense; it's just their offense has been spectacularly bad. A franchise QB alone would make it much better.

The same way Roethlisberger has elevated the Steelers from a 9-7 team to a 12-4 team, he could elevate the Browns from a 6-10 team to a 9-7 team.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Ben didn't want to play for either team. He grew up a 49ers fan.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Ben didn't want to play for either team. He grew up a 49ers fan.
    With his history I thought he was a huge 69er fan??

Sorry I had too! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think there's any doubt he would have made them more competitive, and franchise QB will get you atleast to 8-8 every year even with mediocre players around them. The Browns have been such an unstable franchise over the decades since the 70's that I don't think any QB could have flourished there since Brian Sipe..LOL

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't think there's any doubt he would have made them more competitive, and franchise QB will get you atleast to 8-8 every year even with mediocre players around them. The Browns have been such an unstable franchise over the decades since the 70's that I don't think any QB could have flourished there since Brian Sipe..LOL
    Bernie had his moments...lol Big Ben in a Browns uniform.....yuck......I was a fan of Ben's in college and when he fell to the Steelers in the 2004 draft I was more then thrilled...I told everybody in my family until I was blue in the face before the draft that year if the Steelers did indeed land Roethlisberger that we will win at least one Super Bowl with him as our QB....two wins and three trips with more to come......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    He'd be out of football with a staph infection. Lol
    LMFAO

wow... they passed on ben and passed on their own legendary name in clay matthews... they wanted alex mack.. since we were shopping him.. and you wonder why they are in the basement every year...

plus as a bonus to the afcn, they have dumped at least 50% of their first round picks the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Watching the NFL Network, they reminded us that Ben still gets alittle extra motivation when he plays an Ohio team. He mentioned how he still gets up for the games against the Browns especially since they had a chance to take him at #6 but instead took Kellen Winslow.

Ben's record against the Browns as a starter: 12-1. Record against the Bengals as a starter, 12-4.

So basically since he came into the league and started for the Steelers he is 24-5 against Ohio teams. Not too shabby to say the least. On a short week and being a rivalry game in primetime, you have to think Ben will have something extra for his friends across the state.

Imagine for a minute what he would have done had the Browns taken him? Would he even still be playing football right now? He gets killed behind a Steelers O-Line but atleast he has talent around him. The Browns have not surrounded their QB's with any consistent talent other Josh Cribbs. Everyone else has faded out over the years, been injured, or just left for greener pastures. Remember too how many coaches they've been though.
    Ben should be thankful he wasn't taken by the Browns.

Thread Information