Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers playoff clinching scenarios for this week...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

Steelers playoff clinching scenarios for this week...

Im not 100 percent sure about this but from taking a quick look at it and doing the math the Steelers have a chance to lock up a playoff spot if a few of these things happen this week which are very possible. Of course first and foremost the Steelers beat Cleveland and get to 10-3,and they would need the Titans to lose to the Saints which is possible and likely to happen,the Raiders to lose to the Packers which is possible and likely to happen,the Bengals lose to the Texans which is definitely possible,and the Jets lose to KC which is probably unlikely to happen but you never know. Im not completely sure if they need the Jets to lose but I do know that if the Raiders,Titans,and Bengals all lose and get to 6 losses next week they have no chance at all of catching the Steelers in the tiebrakers...Of course the main focus for the Steelers still is winning this division and getting either that number 1 or 2 seed which they will definitely do if they win out and Baltimore loses at least one game. Even if both the Patriots and Houston win out the Steelers will finish with at least the number 2 seed based on beating the Patriots head to head...The Texans would then have the 1 seed based on beating the Steelers head to head...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's that time of the year again, I can't believe how quickly this season has gone by that we are now starting to talk about playoff scenarios.

All of those situations you made could very well unfold as you laid them out Chris, well done. I'm not confident in the Chiefs though but anything is possible.

The Steelers control their own destiny for atleast the #5 seed right now. That's a plus, but I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow pull off a division crown.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's that time of the year again, I can't believe how quickly this season has gone by that we are now starting to talk about playoff scenarios.

All of those situations you made could very well unfold as you laid them out Chris, well done. I'm not confident in the Chiefs though but anything is possible.

The Steelers control their own destiny for atleast the #5 seed right now. That's a plus, but I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow pull off a division crown.
    After the games both the Steelers and the Ravens have this week at home with both the Browns and the Colts which both should be wins and put them both at 10-3 it's game on after that as far as the schedule getting tougher for both teams. It's still going to come down to whether or not the Steelers will lose in San Fran in 2 weeks or if the Ravens are going to drop a game in San Diego the night before the Steelers play in San Francisco or in Cincy to close out the season on New Years Day. The Steelers should sweep the Browns and beat the Rams at Heinz Field,and the Ravens should beat both the Colts and Browns in Baltimore so again it will come down to those 2 games on the West Coast for both the Ravens and Steelers and the game the Ravens have in Cincy to close out the season...With the game against the Bengals out of the way now for the Steelers the favorable schedule for the last 4 games of the season shifts to the Steelers seeing that they have 1 really tough game left on the road at San Francisco,and the Ravens have 2 very tough games left at San Diego and at Cincinnati.

--- Added 12/5/2011 at 08:21 AM ---

Here is a good link below on cbssports for potential playoff clinching scenarios for the Steelers this weekend...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...74161/33589654

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Keep winning and nothing else matters. I guarantee you the the Niners will approach their game with us as a playoff prep game. They will be close to locking up the 2nd seed then and will want to prove their worth on national TV.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Win out and we win the division.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Win out and we win the division.
    Not true still need the Ravens to drop one more game along the way as well...The Steelers win out and they will be playing in either Denver or Oakland most likely on wildcard weekend which they should definitely be able to win...

I don't get it:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Top 6 AFC playoff seeds right now: 1. Pats; 2. Ravens; 3. Texans; 4. Broncos; 5. Steelers; 6. Bengals.

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I don't get it:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Top 6 AFC playoff seeds right now: 1. Pats; 2. Ravens; 3. Texans; 4. Broncos; 5. Steelers; 6. Bengals.
    That is correct right there for now in terms of the seeding. A lot of it is based on certain number of conference games played right now between the Pats,Ravens,and Texans and a lot can change between now and the end of the season. The bottom line is if the Steelers win out and the Ravens lose 1 more game the Steelers have a very good shot to be either the 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs...

All signs pointing to a rematch in b-more...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    It would be nice to win the division and lock up the #2 seed again, but honestly I see an AFC divisional playoff in Baltimore on the way

Thread Information