Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodley leaves game, doesn't return

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Woodley leaves game, doesn't return

He left early in the game and did not return. Jason Worilds came in and played the rest of the way. From what I saw it didn't appear that Woodley was limping off the field when he left the game but it was a little hard to tell. After that he never returned and was on the sidelines without his helmet on.

I was a bit worried about him returning this week because the word was he was limping in practice from time to time this week. These hamstrings are tricky. At this point we don't know if it just stiffened up on him or he actually tweaked it again. Considering the score there was no reason to bring him back into the game anyway.

We have to be concerned at this point how much of a setback this will be for him.

Update - Tomlin's post game press conference he stated that Woodley felt a slight tweak so they pulled him for precautionary reasons so as not to risk further injury. He did not rule out Lamarr for Thursday night.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Get healthy Wood!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

IT might just have been a little tight and then they decided to play it safe.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just updated the first post in this thread. According to Tomlin, Woodley felt a tweak in his injured hamstring so they pulled him so as not to reaggravate it and risk him missing more time. He did not rule Lamarr out for Thursday so we'll see how he does this week.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I was worried that he would come back to early

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Or you rest him against Browns, which look terrible right now, and you give him 10 days after that to rest it up entirely.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I was concerned at first but obviously, good move. Be well Lamar....we're gonna need ya.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was wondering why he only recorded one tackle. I say sit him against the Browns. Steelers will take care of business on Thursday. No need to risk a bigger injury.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Or you rest him against Browns,
    Agreed, we should be ok without Woodley against the Browns. lets get him to 100%.

BTW the Browns just recovered a Flacco fumble...Go Browns. First and goal to go.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    LaMarr Woodley is hopeful he will play Thursday night after sitting out the final three quarters today at Heinz Field.

But the Steelers' outside linebacker said his hamstring will likely be an issue the rest of the season, necessitating some sort of platoon with Jason Worilds at left outside linebacker.

"You've got to be smart about the hamstring injuries and can't play the entire game anyway," Woodley said after the Steelers' 35-7 win over the Bengals. "It's a rotation that's probably going to be going on the rest of the year."

Woodley said he and Worilds were supposed to share snaps today, his first game back after missing the Steelers' previous three contests.

Woodley said his hamstring got "tired," and that the Steelers played it safe with him, especially after they started pulling away from the Bengals.

"I plan on going out there and playing again on Thursday but you have to take the (cautious) approach," said Woodley, who leads the Steelers with nine sacks. "Fresh off these hamstring injuries you're not going to go out there and be able to play 80 snaps. It's just not possible at this time."

A short week for the Steelers won't help Woodley — they host the Browns on Thursday night — but coach Mike Tomlin said, "he might be in play" for the game.

Thread Information