Thread: If the Steelers are a passing team, then pass!

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

If the Steelers are a passing team, then pass!

I don`t want to see a second half of run for a yard, then run for two yards, then when they know you have to throw, then throw.

Also use Wallace like we did earlier in the season, help the guy out. Throw quick slants to him and wr screens, pull in the corners then go deep a few times. If you only throw deep to him the corners play 20+ yards off.

Pass the ball to Hines ONLY if its for reasons to win the game, or if we do have a big lead. Hines getting to 1,000 yards is nearly as important as a win. If Hines is getting wr screens for 2 and 3 yards then the pass should have went to Brown or Wallace so they could get 7 to 15 yards, or hell break one.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I wish we could go back to running the ball....but wait, out offensive shemes suck, so just pass it and let Roethlesberger scramble
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    I agree... if we pass it then pass it. But, we have to run the ball in different situations too. We always run the ball in OBVIOUS running situations, which in turn turns into an OBVIOUS passing situation. I also agree about the short passes... especially in the middle. Going inside draws the safeties down to make the tackles. Going outside they move laterally and are able to keep the angle better. I don't mind the screens to people other then Hines, but not SO often. Also, Ben and Wallace have just not connected well lately. The big plays have been there.
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

Rookie Free Agent
    The steelers of today are a passing team now, we will always use the run but the facts are we rely on the pass to set up the run, when we are effective with running it makes the defence honest and respect the rush, which opens up the backfield for a big play later in the game, but when you arent running the ball to the standard whatever it is, then the big play isnt there as often as it should be, 2cents

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I don`t want to see a second half of run for a yard, then run for two yards, then when they know you have to throw, then throw.

Also use Wallace like we did earlier in the season, help the guy out. Throw quick slants to him and wr screens, pull in the corners then go deep a few times. If you only throw deep to him the corners play 20+ yards off.

Pass the ball to Hines ONLY if its for reasons to win the game, or if we do have a big lead. Hines getting to 1,000 yards is nearly as important as a win. If Hines is getting wr screens for 2 and 3 yards then the pass should have went to Brown or Wallace so they could get 7 to 15 yards, or hell break one.
    Wallace is being doubled pretty regularly now.

Today's play calling was pretty impressive.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I couldn't watch the game, but it sounds like the reason that happened it because they had a pretty good handle on the game. If they didn't, Batch wouldn't have finished off the game. If you're only up by a score or two, I'd have a problem with going to the "prevent offense" as we've coined it, but if the game is in your control, I don't have an issue with that kind of playcalling.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    This right here is why, not matter how much one would be used, you need a FB to lead blck and wear down a flipping defense late in the game to help close it out! No more run, run ,run and punt! Try getting a damn 1st down and run out the game.... FBA, he's a moron!

Other than that, grewat team effort and great win!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't complain about the gameplan yesterday overall. They kept the offense rolling into the 4th quarter until the Bengals shut it down and then the Steelers did the same.

You need to be able to run the ball to win in the playoffs. If you don't atleast have the threat to do so, you aren't going to win. Mendy and Redman will be key guys in December and January but just not in the traditional way you'd expect with 125 yds. on the ground, etc.

This is December and that is how you win games "mudding" it out...

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    I liked the "stable" we used. I think Mendy is number 1 for sure, but getting Redman his reps was a huge boost! Love to see a little Dwyer mixed in too.
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

Thread Information