Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameplan for the Bengals game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Gameplan for the Bengals game

This is a game, especially at home where the Steelers do well, that they can get out early on the Bengals and then force Dalton to air it out. The key is the offensive line, no question. Pouncey coming back will help get them back on track and hopefully keep the pass rush in check. The Bengals have a mean rotation on their front line which allows them to keep their players fresh for the entire game, even when offenses sustain long drives.

With all the talk about how the offense struggled against the Chiefs, I look for Arians to establish momentum early and get Ben into the flow with short passes and hopefully set up the deep ball. I would suspect you'll see Wallace sprinting down the sidelines for a long pass from Ben on the first series when the Steelers get the ball. If they can hit that it will set the tone early on for what they want to do. The Bengals will have to respect the passing game perhaps not blitz as much.

The Steelers offensline line cannot afford to let the Bengals start getting in the backfield and disrupting the gameplan. They did a good job of that last time, so if the Steelers have any hopes of running the ball (or keeping Ben's jersey clean) the line is going to have to establish their territory from the get go.

For the Steelers defense, it's all about pressure. Get after Dalton and he's liable to throw some picks. Ike will be on Green all day long and but I still expect the Bengals to test that matchup because AJ is his favorite target. Just don't allow any cheap touchdowns and make Dalton go the length of the field and sooner or later he'll make a mistake. The Bengals also like to use their Tight Ends so the middle of the defense will need to be ready, in a similar manner that they played the Patriots. Granted the Bengals offense isn't the Pats but they like to use short passes and establish a groove for Dalton to complete passes and get into the flow of the game.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-02-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Press and blitz the **** out of carrot top!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Kick their Arse's

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Spread them out and get rid of the ball quickly. Would love to see a dump off or two behind their aggressive interior line. But I don't know if we do that anymore. And PUT THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE FROM INSIDE THE 10!!
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    1. Score TD's in the red zone

2. No turn overs

3. Pressure The Red Rifle

The Steelers built a 14-0 lead early in the first game only to squander it.......So they had the right blue print but the defense blew the lead........Remember Cotchery had a TD taken away by a cheap Miller PI call and also Ben missed a wide open Cotchery for another TD....Cotchery could have had three TDs......

Waterboy

Gameplan

In order for the Steelers to win, they MUST get Mendenhall involved early and often. He’s their impact player for this matchup.

In this game, I think the offense will be fine if they limit the mistakes and miscues. In the last game, there were too many plays were Ben missed his guy or the receiver didn't make the play. The bad penalties also cost this team some points.

Defensively, they need to pressure Dalton. On both of his TD passes, guys were barreling down on him and were just a step late. They need to get to him this time around. If the front seven gets to him, I'm not too worried about the secondary holding its own.

Dalton's two TD's last game were flukie as hell, I agree finish him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Offense:
    Stay out of 3rd and long.
    Balanced play calling
    No stupid Penalties
    No turnovers
    Make 7's not 3's.

Defense:
    Stuff run - penetrate - eliminate cut back lanes.
    LB's and Corners sit underneath the out routes.
    Good hard tackling
    Make Dalton wish he took up needlepoint instead of football.
    Win takeaway battle.
    Smart Aggressive football.

Coaches:
    Playoffs start SUnday - Coach to win, but be smart with challenges.
    ADJUST AS NEEDED.

Specials:
    Convert kicks
    Win field position battle,
    No big returns
    Minimize penalties on returns.
    Last edited by Goodfrom55; 12-02-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: because.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Pray... that Ben finishes the game b/c we have no run game

Im sooo nervous about this game... SMH
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information