Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction for what playoff seed we get

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Prediction for what playoff seed we get

I know there is a lot of FB yet to play but things look pretty good for us to secure at least a spot in the playoffs. I looked at the ESPN power rankings this morning (don't know why) and they mentioned something about NE getting the #1 spot in the AFC, made me chuckle. Anyways what is your prediction for our seed this year. I will go first, #2.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think we're safe atleast to get the 5th seed but beyond that honestly it's going to be tough. As long as the Steelers take care of their own business and win out the rest of the way they have a chance to win the division. I'm still holding out hope that the Ravens lose atleast one of their remaining AFC North games and if that happens then anything is possible.

If not then I'm confident we'll get in as the first wildcard.

#5. With the Steelers this year, I would not be surprised to see them drop a game they should have won, probably against the Bengals or 49ers. While the Ravens may lose another, that would still give them the tiebreaker and keep the Steelers at #5.

Hoping for #2, though!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't see the Ratbirds losing any more games. The only chance I see of them losing another game would be to SD, but Rivers would have to have his head out of his *** by then (not going to happen). As long as we win out, we should get a #5 seed.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Veteran
    I'm gonna say 5. Ravens have too easy a schedule and while the Steelers also have an easy schedule, we do travel to San Fran for a game.

Just something to think about. If we have control of our destiny the last week and baltimore has already clinched the division should we lose on purpose to get the 6 seed instead of the 5 seed? If we have the 6th seed and ravens have the 1 seed they would have to play us. If we're the 5th seed we'd have to play new england. I like our chances better against the ravens.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    Just something to think about. If we have control of our destiny the last week and baltimore has already clinched the division should we lose on purpose to get the 6 seed instead of the 5 seed? If we have the 6th seed and ravens have the 1 seed they would have to play us. If we're the 5th seed we'd have to play new england. I like our chances better against the ravens.
    you never go at a game as lets lose, you wanna get a fire built for the playoffs and we need to start clicking on all 3 phases of the game to make a deep run!

I would rather play NE we showed we can beat them and beat them convincingly so i like our chances aginst NE over the rats at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerJay View Post
    you never go at a game as lets lose, you wanna get a fire built for the playoffs and we need to start clicking on all 3 phases of the game to make a deep run!

I would rather play NE we showed we can beat them and beat them convincingly so i like our chances aginst NE over the rats at the moment
    I just feel better playing baltimore because those games are usually close and they don't have an explosive offense like new england does. We have to play pretty much a perfect game against the pats to win which we did other than the interception by Ben.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    I just feel better playing baltimore because those games are usually close and they don't have an explosive offense like new england does. We have to play pretty much a perfect game against the pats to win which we did other than the interception by Ben.
    Agreed but this year it seems hardbaugh seems to plan ahead like its the superbowl when they play us + I would rather not play in their house where they are 7-0 this year. Atleast we found the recipte to beat NE

thinking a #5 and honestly, not a big deal. Having the first round bye would be nice, but outside of Baltimore, it is a soft 6 seeded playoffs this year in the AFC. No one scares me, except (us).

Thread Information