Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest QB Ever?

Bookmark and Share

Greatest QB Ever?

Here's some stats from various significant games of a certain quarterback. I'll let you decide what you think of them and who the QB might be before I tell you who it is.

1. 13/23, 168 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

2. 6.0 AVG Yrds per attempt, 0 TD, 1 INT

3. 12/18, 115 yrds, 0 TD, 0 INT

4. 5.37 AVG Yrds per attempt, 16/27, 145 yrds, 1 TD

5. (Total stats from 1st playoff season) 60/97, 572 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

6. "career playoff adjusted yards per attempt ratio? 6.23. Career playoff QB rating? 86.8. Average unadjusted yards per attempt? 6.60. Completion percentage? 60.6%. EVERY ONE OF THOSE NUMBERS ARE LOWER THAN HIS CAREER REGULAR SEASON AVERAGES."

So to what QB do these stats/facts belong?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Peyton Manning??
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

House of Steel
    manning for sure. Brady wouldn't put up numbers like this in the playoffs.

It's not Ben because he had far more int's than that

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    It's not Ben because he had far more int's than that
    And alot more touchdowns.

i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Bens rookie season!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

House of Steel
    ahhhhhhh Cleve striked gold.

And the answer is........... Tom Brady.

1. 13/23, 168 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (This is his 1st game against the Colts, a team he "owns")

2. 6.0 AVG Yrds per attempt, 0 TD, 1 INT (the infamous Tuck Rule game)

3. 12/18, 115 yrds, 0 TD, 0 INT (01 AFC Championship against the Steelers)

4. 5.37 AVG Yrds per attempt, 16/27, 145 yrds, 1 TD (01 SB against the Rams, when he was the "MVP", lol)

5. (Total stats from 1st playoff season) 60/97, 572 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (That's 3 games. Only 572 yards and 1 TD in 3 games? And this is the next Joe Montana?)

6. "career playoff adjusted yards per attempt ratio? 6.23. Career playoff QB rating? 86.8. Average unadjusted yards per attempt? 6.60. Completion percentage? 60.6%. EVERY ONE OF THOSE NUMBERS ARE LOWER THAN HIS CAREER REGULAR SEASON AVERAGES."
    (Let's see, dink and dunk passes and his stats are actually worse than in the regular season? What happened to Brady being such a great playoff QB?)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Here is a stat for you 12-1. Thats Tom Bradys play-off record. To go along with 19 TD's and 8 INT's.

As for the tuck game. The conditions were bad for throwing the ball in that game.

The 2001 AFC title game vs the Steelers Brady was knocked out of the game and Drew Bledsoe came in.

As for his first Super Bowl vs the Rams. He did enough to win the game.

I don't were I would rank Tom Brady in the best QB's of alltime. I know he wouldn't crack my top five and I have Montana third on my list.

But Tom Brady never has had the offensive talent around him that Montana had. I don't like Tom Brady either but he has proven to be a great QB and probally the best today.

But 12-1 is a team record. It's not like Brady is the only guy on the field. Kordell Stewart was 13-3 twice, does that make him awesome?

Here's the whole post I got this from that makes a more thorough point. I just posted the stats first because I wanted people to see them and think "that guy must suck" before finding out that it's Tom Brady and letting the whole "Tom Brady is the best QB ever because he just is" crap that the media spews all the time influence their opinions.

"Chase Stuart, now my new best friend has done a very good job of showing that Tom Brady has gotten this Joe Montana-playoff reputation...and IT IS NOT DESERVED!!!!

Taken from the rant...which you can find here.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/wordpress/

1st Brady Colts-Pats game:

"Amazingly enough, Brady’s whole career is a microcosm of his first game. The underdog Patriots beat the Colts, 44-13. And Brady gets the credit…while throwing 13/23, 168 yards and no scores."

"But still, 12-1 all time in the playoffs! This guy is incredible! And then he goes out and throws three INTs against the Chargers, and absolutely should have thrown at least five. The only people with worse hands in the stadium than the Chargers DBs were the Chargers WRs. How in the world does Brady get the credit for that win? I started seeing the signs already, people saying how Brady led them to that victory. The Chargers absolutely gave that game away, and yet Brady supporters will point to that 13-1 record as if Brady should be sainted."

2001 Tuck Rule Game:

"Somehow, Brady became the story line. He averaged 6.00 yards per attempt, and had 0 TDs and 1 INT in the game. That’s not a good game. Yes, I know it was snowing, but let’s not make a game with zero TDs and one interception (and another should be fumble) into a good game."

2001 AFCC Game:

"Ok, so two kick returns for TDs go a long way. How’d Brady do? He was 12/18 for 115 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT. Brady got hurt in the first half, and Drew Bledsoe came in and led the Pats to their only offensive TD and a FG, which means Brady wasn’t responsible for any of the 24 points scored by the Pats that day."

2001 Super Bowl:

"Up comes the Super Bowl….that’s where Brady becomes Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas, but better, right? Brady averaged 5.37 yards per attempt that day, in a largely nondescript performance. The Pats had an INT returned for a TD by Ty Law, and an INT returned for 30 yards that set up a FG. In the 4th quarter, with the Rams coming back from their three turnover day, Brady’s Pats went 3 and out twice in the final ten minutes."

"Finally, New England got the ball back where Brady led “THE DRIVE”. Right?

Starting on the Patriots’ own 17-yard line with 1:21 remaining, Brady picked up a first down with an innocent 8-yard dump to J.R. Redmond for a first down. He hooked up with Redmond again two plays later for an 11-yard reception and another first down at the New England 41. [In between there was a five yard dump to Redmond].

Brady threw incomplete, then connected with Troy Brown over the middle, and Brown managed to turn up field and get out of bounds at the St. Louis 36 for a 23-yard gain. Now, with only 21 seconds left, Brady threw a short pass in the right flat to tight end Jermaine Wiggins, who fought his way to the Rams’ 30-yard line. Brady calmly spiked the ball to stop the clock with seven seconds to play.

Where is the great play here? Was it “calmly” spiking the ball? Brady “led” a drive by dumping the ball off while the Rams played a prevent defense, and then his kicker hit a 48 yarder to win it. Pats fans watch that drive and noticed how poised Brady was, but there was of course nothing special about it.

Brady’s final post-season numbers: 60/97, 572 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and he led his team to 13 points in four quarters against the Raiders, 0 points against the Steelers, and 10 points against the Rams. Never did a QB get praised more for doing less"

"But of course we do watch playoff football, where Tom Brady becomes…well, I’ll let you decide. Brady’s career playoff adjusted yards per attempt ratio? 6.23. Career playoff QB rating? 86.8. Average unadjusted yards per attempt? 6.60. Completion percentage? 60.6%. I won’t make you scroll up….EVERY ONE OF THOSE NUMBERS ARE LOWER THAN HIS CAREER REGULAR SEASON AVERAGES. Brady doesn’t turn from Drew Brees and Matt Hasselbeck into Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas in the post-season, he turns into a slightly less effective version of himself.

"Yet Patriots fans think he will end his career as The Best QB of All Time. Which I find pretty interesting, considering you’d be hard pressed to point to a single great season Brady has had. Maybe you remember this summer, when I looked at the best QBs of all time in both a single season and for a career. Here are Brady’s ranks:

Year Rank
    2005 85th best of all time
    2004 182nd best of all time
    2003 231st best of all time
    2001 480th best of all time

"The Pats are obliterating everyone they face in 2003, and lead the league in points allowed that year. In particular, New England’s incredible against the pass, leading the league in yards per attempt allowed, TDs allowed, and interceptions. Even this year’s Ravens couldn’t do that. So if you want to start giving credit for a 14-2 season, that’s the first place you should look.

"New England beat Tennessee 17-14, after Brady led New England on a 13 yard drive to kick the eventual game winning field goal. That’s not a 13 play drive, but a 13 yard drive."

"So Tom Brady’s 5-0, after being incredibly lucky in the first three playoff games, and having an incredible defense in the last two. Now comes the Super Bowl, where even I’ll admit Brady played an excellent game. He threw for 354 yards and 3 TDs, although to be fair that come on a whopping 48 attempts and he did throw an INT. It wasn’t one of the top ten Super Bowl stat lines of all time by a QB, and it wasn’t even the best by a QB that day. Jake Delhomme ate up The Genius’ D by throwing for 323 yards on 15 fewer passes, and had 3 TDs and zero INTs.

Bottom line: Great coaching...great defense...allow very few points.

Tom Brady: Dink and dunk SYSTEM quarterback that has completely ridden the coattails of Belichick and the Pats defense to this mythical and completely over-inflated, East Coast Media Biased hype.

Tom Brady doesn't just win games. Belichick and the Pats defense win the games...Brady just doesn't lose them."

People call Roethlisberger a "system QB" and a "game manager", but Brady is the master of those 2 titles.

Thread Information