Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough night for the Offense, but credit Chiefs defense too

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Rough night for the Offense, but credit Chiefs defense too

Steeldad made an offense rant thread so we can all gripe about how poorly our guys played tonight against the Chiefs.

Steelers offensive numbers highlights, or lowlights as they were:

Big Ben: 21/31 193 yds. 1 TD 1 Int
    Mendenhall: 17 rushes, 57 yds.
    Redman: 3 rushes, 22 yds.

Wallace: 2 catches, 17 yds
    Ward: 4 catches, 22 yds.
    Brown: 4 catches, 81 yds.
    Sanders: 2 catches, 25 yds.
    Miller: 1 catch, 20 yds.
    Saunders: 1 catch, 2 yds. 1 TD

Ben was under duress all night long. When Pouncey went out the offense line was in more trouble than they were before he went out. There was virtually no run blocking at all because the Chiefs were constantly in the backfield.

More importantly than that though was the receivers dropping so many passes. Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Miller all dropped atleast 1 pass tonight. Ben wasn't particularly off, 21/31 isn't a bad percentage, but he got no help. Now he did make some bad decisions on that INT and made some bad judgements about trying to squeeze in passes.

This was a night where you have to credit the Chiefs defense lead by Romeo Crennell who just blitzed the unholy hell out of the Steelers tonight and it paid off.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Considering Ben only missed 10 passes and you can say there was at least four drops that should have been catches then I would say Ben wasn't bad but his team mates let him down especially the offensive line....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No doubt about it, Ben was not near as rusty as I expected coming off a bye. He got zero help from the officials or his teammates. Everyone dropping balls left and right, the line getting called for holding all evening, the Chiefs getting away with holding in the secondary all night didn't help either.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    If we are a so called passing team, and Ben was having a descent game, then why run run throw???

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Crenells defenses always give us fits, he has BA number !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Crenells defenses always give us fits, he has BA number !!
    And lets not forget that we are coming off a bye and they had a short week. And he STILL had his number. Thats the WORST part! I can't believe that I made it through that game sober!

My Mood
    Clowns
    The execution by the Steelers in this game was not very good at all. You knew that if they were able to just put up 1 TD in the 2nd half which they were so close to doing time and time again that the game would pretty much be over. Wallace had a few bad drops and one that could have been a potential TD since it was a deep ball, and just the playcalling overall at times on the goaline and on 1st and 2nd down was not very good at all. I cant say I am completely and totally surprised the Chiefs put up the kind of effort they did. This was their last stand this season to win a game and keep their playoff hopes alive and slim division title hopes in the pathetic AFC West alive and they were playing at home on primetime at night at Arrowhead which is a very very tough place to play and win at. They put up a very very good fight especially from a defensive standpoint but at the end of the day despite how ugly the Steelers played at times they still found a way to make enough plays at the end and get the W...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Honestly we never do to good after a bye week...i won't be worried unless we play like this against the Bungles.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BURGH View Post
    Honestly we never do to good after a bye week...i won't be worried unless we play like this against the Bungles.
    WRONG! Last 3 years prior to this we won all three games after byw eek by an average of 3 tds

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Yea, not buying the "Bye Weak Excuse." Look at what the Patsies did to the Philadelphia Turkeys. Steelers seemed to play stupid. I don't get the Ben time-out after trying the pathetic attempt to draw KC offsides. At that field position just take the goddam penalty. As it happened Kapinos hits the punt too far and the touchback yields like a 20 yard net gain. As Bob Costas says: go figure.

Botom line is this: like against Jacksonville, Steelers were once again facing a late-game loss due to anemic scoring. Don't like how we seem to end up in this position over and over. It's how we lost at home to the Ratbirds who now have the upper hand.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information