Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers continue to keep pace with the Ravens...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll be at the game Sunday

Pics to come next week

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree with you all that the Steelers really cannot afford to lose anymore games, or count on the Ravens to lose more than 1 game here in the last remaining weeks of the season. If you are going to be a legit playoff team, not just a 1 and done pretender you have to get on a roll now, get hot, and stay hot.

I believe this team can do it but the players need to get healthy; guys like Troy, Lamarr, Maurkice, especially have got to get on the field all in the same game.

ravens be trollin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Steelers looked terrible against KC. My money says you lose to Cincy and SF and that is that for your season. If you happen to get a wild card, you will be embarassed in the playoffs. Not your year. Out with the old, in with the new.
    T-Sizzle, is that you?

Rookie Free Agent

4 National Championships and closing

No, not T Sizzle, just a Baltimore (Ravens) fan.

BTW. For those of you touting 6 superbowls. Parse it anyway you want to, but here is how I see it. 4 of your superbowls were 1980 and earlier. Since the 21st Century you have 2 (2006 and 2009) and Baltimore has 1 (2000). If you go back to the 20th Century, you have 4 (1975, 1976, 1979, 1980) and Baltimore has 1 official superbowl (1970) and 2pre Superbowl NFL National Championships 1958 and 1959. So I call and say 4-6 Baltimore-Pittsburgh.

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Steelers looked terrible against KC. My money says you lose to Cincy and SF and that is that for your season. If you happen to get a wild card, you will be embarassed in the playoffs. Not your year. Out with the old, in with the new.
    The bad new for you is that you're still the Ravens. And O yeah... we are still the Steelers. Not your universe. Did you give your boss a Gatorade Shower after a Tuesday of work too?

--- Added 12/1/2011 at 06:55 AM ---

BTW. For those of you touting 6 superbowls. Parse it anyway you want to, but here is how I see it. 4 of your superbowls were 1980 and earlier. Since the 21st Century you have 2 (2006 and 2009) and Baltimore has 1 (2000). If you go back to the 20th Century, you have 4 (1975, 1976, 1979, 1980) and Baltimore has 1 official superbowl (1970) and 2pre Superbowl NFL National Championships 1958 and 1959. So I call and say 4-6 Baltimore-Pittsburgh.
    Hey Teeth Sizzle, last I checked the Baltimore football team was in the middle of nowhere Indiana and winless. You're cheering for the Cleveland Team! No one told you?

My Mood
    Chatty

AND you guys shined against Seahawks didn't ya??? We killed Seattle...any team can have a bad week..this was ours.

Also...we knocked you out of the playoffs 2 yrs in a row....forgot about that LONG ago past.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Rookie Free Agent

Nice logic...

You're kidding right. You follow the NAME rather than the TEAM representing the CITY? The Pittsburgh Steelers you so highly tout have neither one player nor one coach actively a part of the team from the 20th Century Pittsburgh Steeler superbowl winners.

And if you want to associate the records with the NAME, you're even further behind.

The fifth-oldest franchise in the NFL, the Steelers were founded as the Pittsburgh Pirates on July 8, 1933. The Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL first took to the field as the Pittsburgh Pirates on September 20, 1933, losing 23–2 to the New York Giants. Through the 1930s, the Pirates never finished higher than second place in their division, or with a record better than .500 (1936). Prior to the 1940 season, the Pirates renamed themselves the Steelers.

During World War II, the Steelers experienced player shortages. They twice merged with other NFL franchises to field a team. During the 1943 season, they merged with the Philadelphia Eagles forming the "Phil-Pitt Eagles" and were known as the "Steagles". This team went 5–4–1. In 1944, they merged with the Chicago Cardinals and were known as Card-Pitt (or, mockingly, as the "Carpets"). This team finished 0–10, marking the only winless team in franchise history.

The Steelers made the playoffs for the first time in 1947, tying for first place in the division at 8–4 with the Philadelphia Eagles. This forced a tie-breaking playoff game at Forbes Field, which the Steelers lost 21–0. That would be Pittsburgh's only playoff game for the next 25 years, though the Steelers did qualify for a "Playoff Bowl" in 1962 as the second-best team in their conference, though not considered an official playoff.

So, lets look at it the way you want to, by following the TEAM. Founded in 1933 and the first National Championship in 1975??? It took you 42 years of existance to win your first Championship!!!

The Baltimore Ravens came into existence in 1995 when Art Modell, then owner of the Cleveland Browns, announced his intention to relocate his team from Cleveland to Baltimore. They won their first Superbowl in 2000, 5 years in. You do the math. I certainly hope a team that has been in existance for 78 years vs 16 years would have more National Championships. Plus as you know, these things come in gluts, as in the combination of players and coaching strings them together(witness Green Bay). And of course, on any given Sunday, otherwise known as, there but for the grace of God go I. So, good luck Steagles.

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    I have fundamental issue with the title of this thread. lol

Ravens1, answer this very serious question:

What would you do if Joe Flacco and you were both in the shower together no one else, he asks you to pleasure him, would you??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    2pre's don't mean ****, parse that any way you want to. Hell, while your at it, you guys have had 3 SB's already this year, considering Harbitch getting doused with Gatorade after a regular season win.....

What is all this dribble about going all the way back to the 40's and 50's? The thread is about the Steelers keeping up with the Ravens. Which means, keeping up with them to either win the division or go in as a wildcats. In this league as we all know, yesterday does not matter.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information