Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers continue to keep pace with the Ravens...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Steelers continue to keep pace with the Ravens...

The win last night in Kansas City was very very ugly but at the end of the day it's still a win and it improves the Steelers record to 8-3 overall and 6-3 overall within the AFC and tied with the Ravens for 1st place in the division going into December and the final 5 games of the season. I seriously believe that a win over the Bengals this week will pretty much make the Steelers a lock to at the very least get in the playoffs as a wildcard team. I say this because a win will put the Steelers at 9-3 and 7-3 in the AFC overall, and it will drop the Bengals who are currently the 6 seed in the AFC to 7-5 and essentially 3 games behind the Steelers in the standings with the head to head tiebraker in hand. The other teams right now in wildcard contention are the Jets,Titans,and Broncos all of them are 6-5 and the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over the Titans, and the Jets currently have 5 AFC losses and can finish no better then a 7-5 record within the AFC. So that is why it's so so very important to win that game Sunday against the Bengals here because it will pretty much put those other teams chances of catching the Steelers completely out of reach because they will have no tiebrakers at all working for them when it comes to overtaking the Steelers.

The division title however and either the number 1 or 2 seed is still well well within reach of the Steelers. I still feel the Steelers will need to win out in order for them to have a chance to do that because I just dont think you can count on the Ravens losing 2 of their last 5 games. Maybe 1 of them but not 2. The Ravens have a tough game this week at Cleveland at 4:00 against a Browns team that always plays the Ravens tough and damn near beat the Bengals yesterday in Cincinnati. That game will not be a pushover for the Ravens in my opinion. They have lost to teams such as the Jags and Seahawks this season and they are definitely capable of losing to the Browns on the road.

As for the other teams in the AFC as I have said before as long as the Steelers win out and finish 13-3 it wont matter what the Pats do because even if they do win out and finish 13-3 the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them and they would finish with the higher seed if they should still win the AFC North. As for the Texans the Steelers only need them to lose 1 more game the rest of the way to finish ahead of them and seeing that they just lost both Schaub and Leinart for the rest of the season and TJ Yates is going to be their QB for now their chances of winning out are slim and none.

Overall, this should be a great weekend coming up in the AFC North with the Steelers playing the Bengals early followed by the Browns hosting the Ravens at 4. A lot on the line once again this week and a win over the Bengals as I mentioned before barring a complete and total collapse the final 4 games of the season which include 2 with the Browns,the Rams at home and at San Fran will pretty much guarantee the Steelers at the very least a wildcard playoff spot...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's interesting to think that the Steelers could finish 13-3 or 12-4 and still be a wildcard.

Winning that game in KC last night was so paramount since the Ravens and Bengals both won, as did the Patriots yesterday. I feel as well the STeelers are going to have to win out to have any chance for a division title. Losing just 1 game and they are looking at being probably the 5th seed and going on the road for the playoffs.

It's fortunate that they played a team with a QB like Palko because the offense was just completely out of sync all night long.

There is really only two games left which Ravens could loose in, being the Chargers game and the second Bengals game. I doubt the Chargers will do anything though, as they have been abysmal the last couple of games. The Bengals could potentially do something but I have to said I doubt it. Then there is the Colts (yeah...), and Browns x 2. Sure, Browns could surprise here, but we have them twice as well and they could just as well win one against us. And Steelers still have Niners in SF. Surely, with a win against Bengals we are pretty much secured into the POs, however Ravens are currently 6-0 when playing in Baltimore so I would really like to avoid having to go there come play-offs, especially seeing how they have played us this season.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    When we play like we did last night Im not so sure. We were just one tip pass, bad call, whatever from dropping a game to a terrible team!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    When we play like we did last night Im not so sure. We were just one tip pass, bad call, whatever from dropping a game to a terrible team!
    On the loop-side, we were also just a couple of dropped passes away from potentially beating the living **** out of them
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    On the loop-side, we were also just a couple of dropped passes away from potentially beating the living **** out of them
    Agreed! But they to had some drops, and Palko hand delivered the INTs. Also we dodged a bullet on Bens almost fumble

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Rookie Free Agent
    Steelers looked terrible against KC. My money says you lose to Cincy and SF and that is that for your season. If you happen to get a wild card, you will be embarassed in the playoffs. Not your year. Out with the old, in with the new.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Steelers looked terrible against KC. My money says you lose to Cincy and SF and that is that for your season. If you happen to get a wild card, you will be embarassed in the playoffs. Not your year. Out with the old, in with the new.
    At least when the Steelers have looked bad against the inferior teams this season such as the Colts and Chiefs they have overcome the bad play in both games and found a way to win each of them, when the Ravens play bad like they did against the Jags and Seahawks and even the Titans who arent very good they lose. The Ravens havent won anything yet and until they make a consistent run in the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl they wont have proven ****...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    I don't normally comment on stupid posts but I will in this case:

Seahawks, Jagoffs beat your all mighty team there fella.

We did pull out an ugly win but it was a W and will keep pace with the #1 seed.

Cinci will play us tough, but the niners aren't a great team as your defense proved..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    I agree. I'd rather have your offensive consistency/confidence rather than our hit and miss glory/lay an egg offense. My heart is in my throat not just game to game, but within the same game! I don't feel that way about our defense and I'm actually glad the defense had the opportunity to play without Ray Lewis and prove that they have what it takes. His days are numbered (just like Ward's and Polo's) so the shift has to occur. Playing down to a team happens, but it happens. Also, the 4-3 defense seems to perplex us. In any event, it's just a gut feeling. I wouldn't have said it last year because we were even more incosistent IMHO. I actually look forward to hosting the Steelers in
    Baltimore this year if it comes to pass. I have front row seats.

Thread Information