Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers playoff chances got a whole lot better after today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers playoff chances got a whole lot better after today...

If you break things down like I have done and always do the Steelers got a ton of help this weekend by having 4 or 5 times in wildcard contention lose and drop another game. The Jets,Bills,and Titans all lost and now all of them are 5-5 giving the Steelers a 2 game lead over them. The Chargers lost once again and are now 4-6 and fading fast. The Steelers are 3 games up on the Chargers now. And even though the Bengals lost hurt us some in the division it still helped the Steelers a lot in the wildcard race putting the Steelers up a full game over the Bengals with the head to head tiebraker in hand with another game with them here at Heinz Field in 2 weeks. So the Steelers overall got a lot of help this weekend in terms of at least looking a lot better to secure a wildcard playoff berth as long as they continue to win games and take care of business against the teams they are supposed too on their schedule such as the Chiefs,2 games with the Browns and the Rams. You win those 4 games like you should even if you do happen to lose to the Bengals and the Niners you finish at 11-5 and you are in as a wildcard and probably the 5 seed in the playoffs. Hopefully the Steelers continue to pursue the division like we all want them to do and catch the Ravens and get at the very least the 2 seed and the bye week and possibly the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout if things go their way these last 6 games of the season...

I say we go 5-1 in our final 6 games.. The only tough Game IMO is gonna be against the Niners, other then that i feel we should win the rest.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was thinking the same thing today when I was checking things after the games were over. The Steelers are well in control of atleast a wildcard playoff spot if they keep winning. At this point they have their own destiny in their hands; win out and they are in. The Bengals gave the Ravens all they could handle today and I fully expect they'll lose atleast 1 more game the rest of the way.

Chances for the winning the division are still alive and well but the most important thing is to just get in first and foremost.

The Chargers are just terrible, that team is so out of control right now. It's amazing how bad of a year Rivers is turning out to have.

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Black N Yellow View Post
    I say we go 5-1 in our final 6 games.. The only tough Game IMO is gonna be against the Niners, other then that i feel we should win the rest.
    Given the fact Hairball brothers work togther to benefit both I'm sure John will probably get some tips.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    If you break things down like I have done and always do the Steelers got a ton of help this weekend by having 4 or 5 times in wildcard contention lose and drop another game. The Jets,Bills,and Titans all lost and now all of them are 5-5 giving the Steelers a 2 game lead over them. The Chargers lost once again and are now 4-6 and fading fast. The Steelers are 3 games up on the Chargers now. And even though the Bengals lost hurt us some in the division it still helped the Steelers a lot in the wildcard race putting the Steelers up a full game over the Bengals with the head to head tiebraker in hand with another game with them here at Heinz Field in 2 weeks. So the Steelers overall got a lot of help this weekend in terms of at least looking a lot better to secure a wildcard playoff berth as long as they continue to win games and take care of business against the teams they are supposed too on their schedule such as the Chiefs,2 games with the Browns and the Rams. You win those 4 games like you should even if you do happen to lose to the Bengals and the Niners you finish at 11-5 and you are in as a wildcard and probably the 5 seed in the playoffs. Hopefully the Steelers continue to pursue the division like we all want them to do and catch the Ravens and get at the very least the 2 seed and the bye week and possibly the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout if things go their way these last 6 games of the season...
    11-5 HOGWASH 13-3 BABY IT'S VERY POSSIBLE

However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    11-5 HOGWASH 13-3 BABY IT'S VERY POSSIBLE
    Oh I dont want the Steelers to go 11-5 I am just going on worse case scenario I believe possible with the remaining games on the schedule for them. I definitely still believe they can win out and finish at 13-3 and get either the 2 seed and the bye week or the number 1 seed and homefield advantage throughout in the AFC. Realistically though looking at all the teams in the AFC right now at either 5 or 6 losses if the Steelers win the next 3 games against the Chiefs,Bengals,and Browns and get to 10 wins and 8 wins overall in the AFC they all are but guaranteed of a wildcard spot in the AFC. There is absolutely no way that the main teams in wildcard contention like the Chargers, Broncos,Titans,Bills,Jets,or even the Bengals who the Steelers would have beaten twice if they win the next 3 games will be able to catch the Steelers for one of those 2 wildcard spots if they end up winning the next 3 games and getting to 10 wins and pushing their record to 10-3 and 8-3 overall in the AFC. They will essentially have the tiebraker over every single one of those teams I just mentioned...

--- Added 11/21/2011 at 07:24 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Given the fact Hairball brothers work togther to benefit both I'm sure John will probably get some tips.
    If I was John Harbaugh for as many eggs as his team has laid this season against bad teams I would be more concerned about beating the teams that he has left on his schedule and not worrying about giving his brother tips on how to beat the Steelers when they meet the Niners. The 49ers are 9-1 so Jim Harbaugh is doing something right so I doubt he will need John to give him all this great advice on how to beat the Steelers. Whether he does or not wont make a damn bit of difference either...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Personally, I want the wild card just so we can go to Baltimore and beat them on their turf.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Personally, I want the wild card just so we can go to Baltimore and beat them on their turf.
    I would love to still win the division and get the bye week or homefield throughout but I hear as well brotha with me also wanting nothing more then to go into Ratbirds territory and end their Super Bowl dreams in their own stadium in front of their obnoxious fans and whiny cry baby head coach...

1st or 2nd sead would be great , but this year , as long as we get in we will be the toughest team to eliminate in the AFC .

Thread Information