Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Chiefs and Orton

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Steelers vs. Chiefs and Orton

It won't fix everything that ails them, but the Kansas City Chiefs team that appeared to be very much on life support when they were hammered, 34-3 by the New England Patriots on Monday night got a little breath of life on Wednesday by making a waiver claim for recently released former Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton(notes). According to reports, the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys also put in waiver claims, but the Chiefs had the upper hand as the team with the lowest current number of wins.

At 4-6, the Chiefs are tied with the San Diego Chargers for the worst record in the AFC West, but they're far from out of it if they can turn things around — they're just two games behind the Oakland Raiders and one behind the Broncos.

It was thought by most that Orton would return to Chicago, where he spent the first four years of his career and helped the Bears attain a 12-21 record when he was the starter. The Bears recently lost quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) for at least several weeks to a broken thumb on his throwing hand. But it was the need of the Chiefs, who recently lost Matt Cassel(notes) for the season, that won out. As a result, they'll pick up the remainder of Orton's contract, and the $2.5 million the Broncos would have owed him. The Bears signed veteran Josh McCown(notes) to back up Caleb Hanie(notes).

It's not known when Orton will take the reins in Todd Haley's offense, but the Chiefs face off against the Bears on Sunday, December 4, at Soldier Field.

Still no problem, we win by 17

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Orton isn't even sure he is going to report to KC yet, last I heard a few hours ago. It was a smart move by the Chiefs to pick him up. With Cassel no longer an option this season you want to have someone in reserve who can step in if he falters more or gets hurt. I don't suspect he'll suit up this weekend but if Palko doesn't play well Orton could play the following week.

Regardless of what Happens with KC with their QB situation, if the Steelers want to win the division and eventually get the #1 seed, it starts on Sunday at 820pm. Run the table, Johnny!

Orton won't be ready until probably next weekend.

Orton is a bearded neck hippy...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know the Bears were considering Orton as well, this could turn out to be a mess until it's all said and done. Either way Palko is their man right now but I would imagine he'll be on somewhat of a short leash.

My Mood
    Manic
    I'm excited for the game hopefully we can pressure Palko . so he throws some picks and a fumble or two would be nice so they shut up about our t- o diff

My Mood
    Addicted
    all signs point to a steelers blowout in this game...so why am i nervous for it? maybe because 2009 is still stuck in my head...or the steelers usually look flat coming out of a bye week...or we are still dealing with some injuries to key players...or the chiefs backs are up against the wall and they have nothing to lose at this point.

i hate feeling like this...i hope we get to see a total beat down...we can't let this team stay in the game, or 2009 is gonna happen all over again.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Who ever is at QB we need takeaways

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Veteran
    Orton won't play against us. He won't have enough time to be ready.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would think Palko will be on somewhat of a short leash but not this week. It would take a monumental blow out for them to consider putting him in I would think.

Thread Information