Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallace, Pouncey, Wood, Troy among top Pro Bowl vote getters

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Wallace, Pouncey, Wood, Troy among top Pro Bowl vote getters

Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace is ninth overall in Pro Bowl voting with 377,615 votes through Nov. 15. Wallace is second at his position in the AFC, behind New Englandís Wes Welker.

Three Steelers players lead the voting in the AFC at their position, including center Maurkice Pouncey (142,930), linebacker LaMarr Woodley (203,794) and strong safety Troy Polamalu (92,630).

Fans can vote for the Steelers by clicking on Pro Bowl Ballot now through the conclusion of the Steelers game against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday, Dec. 19.

Pro Bowl squads will be announced on Tuesday, Dec. 27 and the game will be played on Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-4c98131e5a47

That's a pretty good group of Steelers right there. I do have to say though that I'm very surprised that Woodley is leading in the AFC at linebacker.

they all deserve it...ike and ben are being snubbed though

2nd String
    Unfortunately, I think Ben's Pro Bowl days are over. He does deserve a shot, but people love to hate em'.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they all deserve it...ike and ben are being snubbed though

My Mood
    Devilish
    i dont think Ben will ever shake that "Rapelisberger" tag so most likely he will be snubbed for the rest of his career. ike just doesnt make the big plays. no pick 6's, very few Int's, no flashy plays etc... and since this is just a popularity contest youre kinda screwed if you dont get your name out there in a good way. personally i think the pro bowl, if it MUST be a voting process, should be voted on by the players. people are too fickle and very few actually know much about football. they just vote on whoever the media talks about the most and who has the prettiest hair.

My Mood
    Addicted
    it's a shame the Super Bowl will keep them from playing in the pro bowl

My Mood
    Frustrated
    If Ben doesn't get picked its a SHAM!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    AFC Squad will have a tough game if Pouncy isnt in that o line. plus im sick of seeing brady always getting the start for AFc

GO BEN!!!1

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz1 View Post
    i dont think Ben will ever shake that "Rapelisberger" tag so most likely he will be snubbed for the rest of his career.
    Why not? Vick shed his "I like to kill dogs" tag real quick.

Awaiting Seven...
    Hopefully, those guys won't have to make the trip to Hawaii, because they will be preparing for the other big game the week of the Pro Bowl.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Fortunately for Ben and other players that have gotten into trouble in the past; the fan voting only counts for a small percentage of the vote total. I would be, although couldn't say for certain, that fan vote has never actually determined who gets in and who doesn't. Meaning that just because a player gets a ton of votes doesn't mean that's the difference between making it or not if said player is on a bubble.

Most people have forgotten all about that stuff Ben did, the only ones that care anymore are a select few that can't let it go and have nothing else to complain about.

Ben should have the stats to be considered as atleast an alternate. Based on the way players drop out once the pro bowl gets closer he could very well make it if he's not voted in during the initial selection. Figure too that Peyton Manning is not going to be in the mix and Philip Rivers is having a bad year so far. Brady will most certainly get it of course.

Thread Information