Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clark/Polamalu failed big time on that TD pass to Green

Bookmark and Share
    move on people, AJ green today is better than chad johnson was yesterday, a legit elite WR with hands and adjustments to the ball that legit rivals randy moss. the fact that it was him that came down with that ball does not surprise me at all, the man is an acrobat

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I blame Clark he turned his hands to catch the ball instead of defending it.

Also I thought Troy got tripped up just a bit right before green went up!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Love
    Troy could have easily batted that ball down or intercepted it. They gave it to him tied in a bow. It's ok. We won.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I swear though that Troy looked down at Clark and figured he had it????

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Manic
    UMMM HELLO AJ GREEN IS AFOOT TALLER THAN TROY NOT TO MENTION HE WAS 9 FT IN THE AIR WHEN HE MADE THE CATCH. He would have bumped Clark or have been called for pass interfearence. I love how some people question others efforts like they could do better .Plus it's no biggy we won remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...hools-Polamalu

If you want to watch the highlight again it's above, that ball was floated right in there into double coverage and they just let Green catch it.....Polamalu looked up and saw it coming, I'm guessing he was afraid of a pass interference call or saw Clark and thought he was going to make a play on it or something. But you got to jump up and punch or intercept that ball. It seems like Polamalu has had alot of success blitzing and making huge plays for us throughout the years when we needed it, but sometimes as a coverage guy I question him.
    We all saw the play lmfao. It was mostly on Clark which we all know sucks at coverage. I think this year in the draft we draft a safety to replace him in 2 years. But yea, we saw the play.

So Polamalu gets a pass for taking his eyes off the ball, but Clark gets blamed for being 'bad' in coverage and distracting him.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    So Polamalu gets a pass for taking his eyes off the ball, but Clark gets blamed for being 'bad' in coverage and distracting him.
    Clark had a better chance on the play than Troy did if you rewatch it. Troy doesnt get a pass, well maybe he does since hes bailed us out alot. I never see Clark bailing us out at all. Only thing I remember clark doing is knocking out wes welker, talking trash to Brady and getting shitted on by him, Not being there to help gay out when the ravens drove 92 yards on us(well atleast the last play) calling a guy a "retard" on the radio,Making rediculous comments about his last fine.etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Clark had a better chance on the play than Troy did if you rewatch it.
    In looking at the video in regular speed, at the 0:06 mark, I see Polamalu running with A.J. Green and Ryan Clark coming into the picture. At the 0:07 mark, Polamalu has his arms engaged with Green, vying for position to make a play on the ball. Ryan Clark looks like he may be about 2 or 3 feet away but enters the play and starts looking up at the ball. As the ball nears, you see Ryan Clark puts his hands up to try and intercept the ball, but A.J. Green is in a higher (better) position to make the catch.

Yes, Clark is not very good in coverage but at least he (Clark) tried to make a play by thinking he could intercept the ball. What did Polamalu do? Nothing. He took his eyes off the ball and allowed Green to get into position to make the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Troy doesnt get a pass, well maybe he does since hes bailed us out alot. I never see Clark bailing us out at all. Only thing I remember clark doing is knocking out wes welker, talking trash to Brady and getting shitted on by him, Not being there to help gay out when the ravens drove 92 yards on us(well atleast the last play) calling a guy a "retard" on the radio,Making rediculous comments about his last fine.etc etc
    Polamalu always gets a pass from most Steeler fans....no matter how bad he plays.

You've never seen Clark bail the Steelers out? Ever?

Well, who was it that forced that fumble on Ray Rice last year in the playoffs that led to a touchdown? Also, who was it that picked off Flacco in last year's playoffs, which led to the Steelers tying the game?

I'll wait for your answer.....

AJ Green is an absolute monster, so it wasn't surprising he came down with that. But it was clear that Troy was setting up to make a play on the ball, then Ryan Clark came barreling in to "save the day" and f*cked him up.

Thread Information