Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Steelers go 6-0 the rest of the way and the Ravens lose 1 more game...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

If the Steelers go 6-0 the rest of the way and the Ravens lose 1 more game...

The Steelers will be guaranteed at the very worst the number 2 seed in the AFC depending what happens with Houston and how they finish out since they currently own the head to head tiebraker on the Steelers and have the same record at 7-3. The Texans remaining schedule is not that tough they have games at Jacksonville,at Indy,at Cincy,and home games with Atlanta,Tennessee,and Carolina. The Steelers much like they need the Ravens to do will need the Texans to lose one more game the rest of the season in order to jump them for the number 1 seed in the AFC.

The bottom line is the Steelers pretty much are still I believe going to have to win out and go 6-0 the rest of the way which they definitely can do if they want to win the AFC North and at the very worst get the 2 seed. Keep in mind unless the Steelers lose more game the Patriots who now lead the AFC East after their win over the Jets last night are a non-factor to catch the Steelers because they have the same amount of losses as the Steelers but own the head to head tiebraker over them, and I dont care who ends up winning the AFC West whether it's Oakland or San Diego they will not have a better record then the Steelers. So looking at it right now and I dont want to completely overlook that game at Heinz Field with the Bengals but the only tough tough game the Steelers have the rest of the way is at San Francisco 6 days before Christmas on Monday night.

The Ravens hiccup and collapse against Seattle yesterday was exactly what the Steelers needed and definitely once again left the door completely and totally wide open for the Steelers to still win this division. Start paying attention though to what the Houston Texans are doing in the AFC South because as we sit here right now the Steelers are going to need them to lose at least one more game if they hope to jump them in the standings for the 1 seed in the AFC if the Steelers end up winning the North over the Ravens...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The only game I really see being an issue is at San Fran. That's a night game and that team and crowd will be fired up to play us. With that said, it will be really interesting to see how the final 7 weeks play out for all teams involved.

My question for this team is what will be more beneficial, a bye in the playoffs or securing the playoff spot (regardless of seed it is) early and resting players in regular season games? Hard to argue with recent success of teams playing 3 straight weeks in the playoffs. I.E. Steelers 05 Giants 07 and Packers last year.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    The only game I really see being an issue is at San Fran. That's a night game and that team and crowd will be fired up to play us. With that said, it will be really interesting to see how the final 7 weeks play out for all teams involved.

My question for this team is what will be more beneficial, a bye in the playoffs or securing the playoff spot (regardless of seed it is) early and resting players in regular season games? Hard to argue with recent success of teams playing 3 straight weeks in the playoffs. I.E. Steelers 05 Giants 07 and Packers last year.
    Im taking the bye week and the chance at playing 2 home playoff games anyday of the week over having to go on the road 3 straight weeks and win. While it has happened 3 out of the last 6 years with the 3 teams you just mentioned and is more possible then it was before you still dont want to take your chances having to go on the road to potentially Houston,New England,and Baltimore 3 weeks in a row and win...That's a tall tall order even for a team as great as the Steelers to do...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Im taking the bye week and the chance at playing 2 home playoff games anyday of the week over having to go on the road 3 straight weeks and win. While it has happened 3 out of the last 6 years with the 3 teams you just mentioned and is more possible then it was before you still dont want to take your chances having to go on the road to potentially Houston,New England,and Baltimore 3 weeks in a row and win...That's a tall tall order even for a team as great as the Steelers to do...
    I'm with ya. I'll always take the bye too, but I'm just curious to see how teams like Houston (who is in unchartered territory), the Pats/NYJets/Ravens and Bungles fair down the stretch. Chances are someone is hot while someone tanks.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I'm with ya. I'll always take the bye too, but I'm just curious to see how teams like Houston (who is in unchartered territory), the Pats/NYJets/Ravens and Bungles fair down the stretch. Chances are someone is hot while someone tanks.
    The Steelers right now at at 7-3 and 5-3 overall in the AFC and owning head to head tiebrakers over potential wildcard playoff teams like the Patriots,Titans,and now the Bengals are in great great shape to at the very least make the playoffs. The Bills at 5-4 now are starting to fade seeing that they got spanked by the Cowboys yesterday and the week before against the Jets. The Jets are 5-4 and I still dont think they will finish with a better record then the Steelers and wont own any tiebrakers over them even if they do, and wildcard potentials in the West such as the Chargers or Raiders whoever doesnt win that division will definitely not have more wins then the Steelers. So as far as at the very least making the playoffs is concerned barring any major disasters in KC or against Cleveland the Steelers are in great great shape to at the very worst get in the playoffs as a wildcard team...

My Mood
    Impatient
    The 49ers game is late enough in the season that it will mean more to the Steelers than to the 49ers, depending on tie breakers, the 49ers could clinch this week. I am not sure we will go 6-0, but 5-1 is reasonable that would make us 12-4. Flacco has a history of playing poorly against the Bengals and he does seem to struggle against good 4-3 defenses this year, so I really think the Ravens and Bengals will split. If we go 5-1 and the Ravens only lose to the Bengals once, we are a wildcard. So hopefully the 49ers need the game against the Ravens so that they can beat the Ravens too.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    The 49ers game is late enough in the season that it will mean more to the Steelers than to the 49ers, depending on tie breakers, the 49ers could clinch this week. I am not sure we will go 6-0, but 5-1 is reasonable that would make us 12-4. Flacco has a history of playing poorly against the Bengals and he does seem to struggle against good 4-3 defenses this year, so I really think the Ravens and Bengals will split. If we go 5-1 and the Ravens only lose to the Bengals once, we are a wildcard. So hopefully the 49ers need the game against the Ravens so that they can beat the Ravens too.
    Im looking more at winning the division and getting the bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs...The Steelers still pretty much need to win out and have the Ravens lose 1 more game in order for that to have a chance to happen...I'd say the odds are pretty good at this point...

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    The only game on the schedule is the next one. We have to get better no doubt. STL should be a win but we can't take any game lightly. Winning 6 in a row would be nice, but lets take it 1 at a time. Otherwise then all we talk about is how we suck. Enjoy the ride and forget about what ifs.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Im looking more at winning the division and getting the bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs...The Steelers still pretty much need to win out and have the Ravens lose 1 more game in order for that to have a chance to happen...I'd say the odds are pretty good at this point...
    I still think we could go 5-1 and still win the division and get a bye week, but 6-0 definitely helps that cause. With such a late bye week, another bye before the playoffs would really help are guys I think. Lets just say I will be loving the Bengals and their red headed wonder this week.

the ravens suck, they just play us extremely hard and got extremely lucky last time...i really doubt the steelers need to go 6-0

Thread Information