Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward wasn't hurt, the Steelers just didn't put him in

Bookmark and Share
    We all love Hines but the writing is on the wall, he's done a great job grooming our future!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We all love Hines but the writing is on the wall, he's done a great job grooming our future!
    He's not done quite yet, but it's coming. I still proudly wear his jersey.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I know, it's blasphemous to say that perhaps the great, legendary, future HOF candidate Hines Ward might not be the best option but it's not as far fetched as you think.

We talked about Hines being in the twilight of his career and his lack of playing time against the Bengals on Sunday afternoon in another thread. Ward's credentials are second to none and his place in Steelers history is cemented for all time and then some.

Cotchery today though was in the game when Hines Ward was able to go. He had 1 TD and nearly had another if Ben doesn't overthrow him. He had 2 catches today for 29 yards; hardly anything spectacular but his best production of the season nonetheless.

So would you start Cotchery the rest of the way in place of Ward, or alternate the 2 but still keeping Sanders, Brown, and Wallace on the field as the main 3 WR's?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sanders or Brown needs to start and the other needs to be the third WR...Cotchery the 4th WR and yes keep Hines on the bench....Torched was passed weeks ago people.....Thanks for the memories Hines but you're done as a starter and really shouldn't see any significant snaps unless injury happens to the other WRs....Keep him as the 5th WR for sure and he is still is important as a mentor for the young WR's......

My Mood
    Impatient
    If the torch has really been passed, then this is Hines' last year. 5 million a year is a lot of money for a backup receiver considering Cotchery signed from around 1.

Waterboy

Torch Passing, WTF!

Ok as NFL fans we analyze everything. Hines is at the end of his career, no doubt. But please let's look at this realistically. He has a sprained ankle, and had a concussion last week. If you have ever had a sprained ankle, you know that will hinder you for months. Hines has never been a speedy guy, and if he is nicked then nothing is gonna happen. This will be his last year, and they need to rally around him like they did for the Bus. Let's do it for Hines. Lifetime Steeler!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I think we have a real chance to run the table now. And if we do that, we will win the division. Because it's obvious the Ravens don't have what it takes.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Our young receivers are too talented to justify keeping Hines on the field so the move is understandable. The question I have is," Hines needs 19 catches to reach 1000" do you feed him ? the ball to reach that goal
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Our young receivers are too talented to justify keeping Hines on the field so the move is understandable. The question I have is," Hines needs 19 catches to reach 1000" do you feed him ? the ball to reach that goal
    Absolutely, he deserves that..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I think they absolutely have to work it in. With 6 games left, it shouldn't be hard.
    I just hope, and I honestly believe, he is looking on with pride at his students and not anger over growing out of need. I hate to think of black and gold without him but it is inevitable.

Thread Information