Thread: Sorry...but I"ve got to ask

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Sorry...but I"ve got to ask

With what we saw on Thursday nite, is our first round pick an Offensive lineman or do we go with a DT (nose Tackle) ??

Because Casey Hampton is really playing on fumes out there. And if we had any type of push up the middle, we'd have our real pass rush back.

On the other hand, us not getting Mendy in from the 1 yard line was one of the most embarrassing things to happen to us in a while.

With our first round pick, which is the priority in your opinion?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Impatient
    I think our Oline of Starks (Gilbert next year), Legs, Pouncey, Foster, and Colon (Gilbert) is a decent oline. But we never target a position but try and take the best available player, so it will depend on how the cards fall.

Safety

We should go for an O-linemen. If we don't then we're going to end Ben's career short, just look to what happened on Thursday night. Since when did you see the Steelers go 0-4 on the 4 yrd line (don't remember exactly)???

Our O-line stunk in 2008 and we won the SB, but it is time that genius in Kevin Colbert to pay more attention to just that!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The biggest need going into next year is OG no doubt......I would put ILB and safety high the list as well.........But if a top OT or OLB fall to the Steelers in the first that could be the pick......

I think Starks will be back and I'm sure Colon will be in the mix as well next year....Of course Marcus Gilbert will battle for one of the OT spots.....But if a top OT falls to the Steelers in the first then it would be hard to pass one up......

Both Farrior and Foote are on the old side and ILB is a need especially since we really don't what we have in Sly really........But the 3-4 lives and dies with pressure.....Sure there is Woodley, Harrison, Worilds, Carter but it would be hard to pass on a top OLB in the first if one falls......

I would imagine a safety has to be drafted within the first three rounds even with Mundy showing improvement this year........

I do agree a NT is a need but its not a deep NT draft but the Steelers could consider moving Hood to NT and really he might be a better fit at nose in the 3-4.....Hood really has regressed this year after showing some signs late last year at DE.......The emergence of McLendon has been a nice surprise and I thought he looked really good the other at DE........

One surprise need might be WR....I know crazy right with Wallace, Brown, Sanders.....But Ward is finished and Cotchery is a FA....I'm sure the Steelers will try to bring back Cotchery but a WR who can return kicks is a need.....Brown will be a full time starter next year and I doubt he will return kicks......I think Sanders really hasn't impressed at all returning kicks and with his injury problem I don't think it would be wise to ask him to take extra pounding returning kicks....Plus the Steelers still could use some size at the WR position.....I don't think WR is a huge need but one could be drafted in rounds 5 or 6.......

My Mood
    Manic
    I think if we can find away to trade up for David DeCastro then we should do it and we would have atop 5 o-line

Thread Information