Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMERICA'S GAME

Bookmark and Share
    That's a great series, although the past couple teams have sucked. The 91 Redskins were boring and the 71 Cowboys were messed up, with Landry not being able to pick a QB and that Duane Thomas guy who wouldn't talk to his teammates.

But the rest have been great. 99 Rams, 69 Chiefs, 94 49ers, and 96 Packers were great shows. I loved the part where Brett Favre and 2 other guys from the Packers went trick or treating to Mike Holmgren's house. That was hilarious.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Addicted
    The 70's Steelers were the best champions ever assembled. *** kickin D and smashmouth running game, we even became high flyin in the late 70's.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

They shouldn't pick the '72 Dolphins just because they were undefeated. They did beat us in the AFC Championship game but barely only won 14-7 in the SB. Everyone knows the accompllishments the Steelers had in the 70s mean a lot more (back to back SB victories x 2)

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Angry
    I had to bring this thread back to the beginning because the series will be ending later this week before the Superbowl and there has been some really bad and surprising teams in the mix.

I find it amusing that NO STEELERS SUPERBOWL TEAM has made it yet and the "Official Countdown" is at #8 The 84 Fourty Niners.

They have previewed the '75 Steelers as being the #7 team but there have already been two Raider teams/two Cowboy teams and two Fourty Niner teams in the top twenty and this whole Americas Game will be a "Sham" if at least two more Steeler Superbowl Teams don't reach the finals.

#10 76 Raiders
    #9 04 Patriots
    #8 84 Fourty Niners
    #7 75 Steelers

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    2 Steeler teams on here ?? There should be atleast 3 if not all of them ! There's several spots left so we better see atleast 1 if not 2 more Steeler teams in the top. I didn't expect to see the Steelers in the high numbers but once we got to 10 I certainly expected to start seeing atleast couple of those famous teams.

Hell, even the Pats have at least 2 teams (04 and, from the commercials, 01) so there better be at least 3 Steelers teams. Perhaps #7, #4, and #2?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I think the XL team is going to be in the top 10. Not sure why, but from the preivews I would say they are going to be listed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The top 4 should be us, plain and simple ! to the Football gods !

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    I think the XL team is going to be in the top 10. Not sure why, but from the preivews I would say they are going to be listed.
    I think you're right.
    They show a video clip of Bill Cowher during the intro to the show and he's on the verge of tears describing how one of his daughters was telling him on the stage right after the Superbowl that he/The Steelers are Champions.

Any if not all of the 5 Steeler Superbowl teams should be on the list.

The 97 Packers, 98 Broncos and the 99 Rams are just three examples of teams who have no business being in the top 20

House of Steel
    We should round out the last 5 spots. I say either the 1979 Steelers or 1974 Steelers are the top team on the list.

Thread Information