Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMERICA'S GAME

Bookmark and Share
    Hey, what about the Buffalo Bills from 1991 to 1994? Where are they??

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

Reppin' 724
    I bet one of the Cowboys teams that whooped the Bills gets #1.

My Mood
    Angry
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9961901
    NFL Network unveils America's Game final four.

(Jan. 29, 2007) -- Two years of production, 123 player/coach interviews and endless speculation comes down to four teams: 1989 San Francisco 49ers, 1985 Chicago Bears, 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers and 1972 Miami Dolphins.

Which of these teams is the greatest Super Bowl champion of all time? Following are the top four teams (in reverse chronological order) as chosen by a 53-person Blue Ribbon Panel of experts for America's Game :

1989 San Francisco 49ers: Narrated by Gene Hackman
    (17-2 record; defeated Broncos 55-10 in Super Bowl XXIV)

1985 Chicago Bears: Narrated by Alec Baldwin
    (18-1 record; defeated Patriots 46-10 in Super Bowl XX)

1978 Pittsburgh Steelers: Narrated by Bruce Willis
    (17-2 record; defeated Cowboys 35-31 in Super Bowl XIII)

1972 Miami Dolphins: Narrated by Alec Baldwin
    (17-0 record; defeated Redskins 14-7 in Super Bowl VII)

This Friday and Saturday, Feb. 2 and 3, NFL Network reveals the order of the America's Game final four. Following is the air schedule:

Show No. 4
    Friday, Feb. 2 at 8 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

Show No. 3
    Friday, Feb. 2 at 9 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

Show No. 2
    Saturday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. ET (CBS)
    (Re-airs on NFL Network Monday, Feb. 5 at 8 p.m. ET)

Show No. 1
    Saturday, Feb. 3 at 3 p.m. ET (CBS)
    (Re-airs on NFL Network Monday, Feb. 5 at 9 p.m. ET)

Following is a list of the previous shows in the top 20:

No. 20: 1983 Los Angeles Raiders
    No. 19: 1999 St. Louis Rams
    No. 18: 1969 Kansas City Chiefs
    No. 17: 1994 San Francisco 49ers
    No. 16: 1996 Green Bay Packers
    No. 15: 1971 Dallas Cowboys
    No. 14: 1991 Washington Redskins
    No. 13: 1986 New York Giants
    No. 12: 1998 Denver Broncos
    No. 11: 1977 Dallas Cowboys
    No. 10: 1976 Oakland Raiders
    No. 9: 2004 New England Patriots
    No. 8: 1984 San Francisco 49ers
    No. 7: 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers
    No. 6: 1966 Green Bay Packers (Airs Tues., Jan. 30 at 8:30 p.m. ET)
    No. 5: 1992 Dallas Cowboys: (Airs Wed., Jan. 31 at 8:30 p.m. ET)

From dynasties to one-shot wonders, from the undefeated to the unexpected, America's Game tells the stories behind the story of all 40 Super Bowl champions. Each episode is a 60-minute documentary (available in high definition) featuring key members of the winning team telling behind-the-scenes accounts from their championship season. With classic NFL Films action combined with news clips and photos, highlights from team radio broadcasts, footage from inside team meeting rooms, sideline audio and other exclusive features, America's Game will provide an epic and intimate portrait of 40 distinct championship teams, in one groundbreaking series.

America's Game is sponsored on NFL Network and nfl.com by IBM, an official partner of the NFL and the Super Bowl.

That's just total Bullshit. In the end there's three Niner teams and three Cowboy teams.
    Last edited by Ambridge; 01-29-2007 at 09:21 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No **** right ! only 2 of our 5 SB's made it here ! WTF !

Gold Standard

Everybodies mad, but how many voted?

This was a contest decided by the fans! If you didn't vote you shouldn't be complaining. There was even a thread with the link to the voting site right here in SA. Why does Yao Ming get the most votes in the NBA All Star game every year? Because there are a billion Chinese people voting for him! If the Black & Gold don't win its our fault (not SA members) Steeler Nation! I know Pittsburgh is a small market team however I believe Steeler Nation is the largest fanbase in the NFL!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    This was a contest decided by the fans! If you didn't vote you shouldn't be complaining. There was even a thread with the link to the voting site right here in SA. Why does Yao Ming get the most votes in the NBA All Star game every year? Because there are a billion Chinese people voting for him! If the Black & Gold don't win its our fault (not SA members) Steeler Nation! I know Pittsburgh is a small market team however I believe Steeler Nation is the largest fanbase in the NFL!

There was a separate fan poll but the actual winners of the America's Game Greatest Superbowl Team was determined by a 53 Person Blue Ribbon Panel of Hall of Fame players and coaches, general managers, football writers and TV analysts.
    If you go to America's Game on NFL.com they show the entire panel of voters.
    Bill Cowher and Dick LeBeau are on the panel.

Gold Standard

My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    There was a separate fan poll but the actual winners of the America's Game Greatest Superbowl Team was determined by a 53 Person Blue Ribbon Panel of Hall of Fame players and coaches, general managers, football writers and TV analysts.
    If you go to America's Game on NFL.com they show the entire panel of voters.
    Bill Cowher and Dick LeBeau are on the panel.
    Didn't know about the Blue Ribbon Panel. The problem when you compare old teams with new, their will always be a bias towards the more recent. Some of the younger people (like Koopa) never saw the older teams! History has a way of repeating itself! Someday 40 years from now all the sports icons that Koopa thinks were the best ever (that he watched play) will be mocked by his grandchildren. He will reminisce about watching Michael Jordan play or Lebron James and insist that they were the best ever! His memories will fall on deaf ears. Just as some younger baseball fans believe Babe Ruth couldn't compete with the likes of Barry Bonds! Babe Ruth never juiced, yet in all of the oldest ballparks that are left the markers for the longest hit baseballs in those parks still belong to Ruth! Bonds played in the Steroids era where 3 people passed up the Roger Maris record that had stood for 60 years in the same year. Funny how all 3 involved in that race are mired in the steroid controversy! No matter what era you played in its not easy to dominate your sport unless you were something special! Thats exactly what our Steelers of the 70's were....something special! I have sympathy for those of you who didn't get to watch that dynasty team forge the legendary history that our city still talks about in some of those epic battles! I watched as a young boy and I will remember to my grave. 4 Superbowls in 6 years. That feat may never be matched again!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

I voted so I have every right to bitch. There's no reason atleast 3 of our 5 SB teams shouldnt be in this whole thing.

My Mood
    Angry
    Right before the series started they had a preview show about America's Game and they did some interviews with a few of the members on the panel and there was one idiot sportswriter whose name I don't remember that said he didn't have none of the Superbowl Steeler Teams in his Top Twenty Picks.

I remember sitting there and thinking that this guy is a real jerk-off who possibly has an axe to grind against the Steelers and has no business being on this panel.
    I'm claiming BS on some of the members of this panel and the way these rankings ended up.

Waterboy
    I thought it was hilarious hearing Mike Wagner say:

"There were games that my whole body would only touch the ground maybe 3 times during a game, I started getting jealous of the Defensive lineman and linebackers making all the tackles." LOL

Thread Information