Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

Duke of 531
    it really comical listening to the cowards seibel,starkey and josh miller discuss the steelers and penguins non stop today on 93.7 fm ....seems they bagged the quarry they were after...now back to the really important news....if joe was still the coach they would still be broadcasting penn state sex scandal wall to wall...corrupt media....somewhere real journalists are rolling in their graves...yellow journalism rules these days

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    The following comes from a Penn State student that I know as a very smart and informed young lady.

"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
    These are my final points on this matter. I have seen a lot of people who are not part of the Penn State community make comments about the Penn State scandal. They think it is ridiculous that students and alumni are pissed off. Let me try to explain.

If you clearly read the Grand Jury report, you would know a Penn State GA (Mike McQueary) witnessed Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting victim 2. Instead of calling the police, he reported it to his supervisor Joe Paterno the next day. Joe Paterno then set up a meeting with his supervisor, Tim Curley. The meeting took place on a Sunday in Joe Paterno's home. Paterno also reported what he knew to the campus police.

Tim Curley and Gary Shultz then met with Mike McQueary to discuss what he saw. Curley and Shultz never reported the incident further. Their reports to the grand jury were not credible. No where in the report does it say anything about Joe Paterno knowing about the crimes and not doing anything.

So why are we mad? We're mad because the media found a scapegoat in Joe Paterno. We're mad because they blamed him instead of Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Shultz, and Jerry Sandusky.

Were mad because when you search "Penn State scandal,” Joe Paterno's picture comes up. We're mad because after 61 years as a Penn State employee, the Board of Trustees fired him over the phone.

We're mad because they admit that all the facts are not present yet. We're mad because the school let Tim Curley take a leave and stay on the payroll, Gary Shultz resign, and Mike McQueary keep his job.

This issue is bigger than football; Joe Paterno is bigger than football. He is man that has raised millions of dollars for my school. He is a symbol of the community. I have literally felt awful during all of this. I feel awful for the kids that had to go through something that nobody should endure. I pray for them, and all children that are treated poorly. I feel awful about how people are portraying Penn State, and The Second Mile. I pray for the victims, and hope they find peace."

I don't even like that ******* Bradley. My opinion only.

Mike, old time psu fan.

And their fans.

"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
    We are mad at the media "

Love,
    MJ

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Duke of 531
    the pittsburgh airport authority are removing the immaculate reception sculpture from the pittsburgh airport, and the steelers are in the process of erasing all records of franco harris from pittsburgh steeler history ...plus he is no longer allowed within 1500 feet of heinz field

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    the pittsburgh airport authority are removing the immaculate reception sculpture from the pittsburgh airport, and the steelers are in the process of erasing all records of franco harris from pittsburgh steeler history ...plus he is no longer allowed within 1500 feet of heinz field
    LOL.....
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    Sure feels like it...
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Thread Information