Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    It doesn't matter whether McQueary told Paterno a 10 year old was getting raped by Sandusky in the shower or if he told Paterno that Sandusky was washing the child's back. The point and bottom line is a grown *** man was in the showers with a child. Just that fact alone should've sent Paterno to confront Sandusky.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It's not all Joe, the president is gone and it's far from over.
    Quick name the two people actually charged in the cover up.... I asked that question of many sports fans today and didn't get one correct answer. They all deserve to be fired McQueary included, I just want some consistency. As it is now there is none.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    Quick name the two people actually charged in the cover up.... I asked that question of many sports fans today and didn't get one correct answer. They all deserve to be fired McQueary included, I just want some consistency. As it is now there is none.
    The AD & some guy who was vice president of something and oversaw the campus police. Don't worry you'll get your consistency. They started at the top as they should, President & Joe the rest will come. There's no doubt that they are going to sweep it clean, they have to.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    I see no real manliness here. None what so-ever. McQueery should be in jail for complicity.

This from about an hour ago on TMZ.com.

Penn State Coaches
    Urge Players' Friends & Family:
    "Wear White for JoePa"

Paterno contacts criminal defense lawyer, source tells NBC News

Maybe black may be more appropriate.

Will someone get a grip on reality here? Just cancel the fn season already.
    PSU, it will take years to clean up this mess if ever.
    "You dance with the devil and you dance right over the cliff" Me.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-10-2011 at 09:04 PM.

And their fans.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    It doesn't matter whether McQueary told Paterno a 10 year old was getting raped by Sandusky in the shower or if he told Paterno that Sandusky was washing the child's back. The point and bottom line is a grown *** man was in the showers with a child. Just that fact alone should've sent Paterno to confront Sandusky.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk
    Exactly. As I said before he needed to follow up regardless.He and of course everyone who was involved has to be held accountable. The reputation of the school will take a long time to recover.

Duke of 531
    the people really derelict of their duty here are the center county police and district attorneys office...there was a grand jury held and they did nothing...Joe is absolutely being scapegoated...the trustees are a bunch of spineless maggots....the pittsburgh media came town looking for heads and they weren't going to go away until they had Joe's....the spineless trustees figured if they fire joe this will send the news trucks packing up their satellite truck and heading back to pittsburgh....now the pittsburgh talk show will get back to the steelers and penguins tomorrow....if joe hadn't been let go these pricks would have been on their 50,000 watt bullhorn 24-7 until the bowl game was over...this is akin to a modern day witch hunt....god forbid anyone out there has a former co-worker or employee that turns out to be a real animal because it just may come back on you by mere association....shame on penn state and tom corbett for that matter ...he could have stopped this travesty...and for the record i really liked tom corbett until now

McQueary needs to be gone also ,along with quite a few more people,simple as that. Joe Pa had to go, this man was more then the football coach. He was the face of the University and as such, to start any house cleaning he had to go. More and more of this story will come out ,nobody knows the full truth right now and as the truth does come out this story will it will surely get uglier.

I personally have never been a big fan of Joe Pa, but he always seemed to be running an football program that was clean and to be copied by other schools. Is he being railroaded? Possibly yes,but when he made the statement "that he would be leaving at the end of the season and the board of trustees didn't need to spend a moments time thinking about him" he was basically telling them that he was above them.

I don't understand the few firings that they have done so far. There should have been quite a few more done to start the process.How McQuery is still there is the real question. He saw the incident and went home and called his father?? WTF he should have gone into the shower and knocked Sandusky the fuct out on the spot. Then called the police immediately, he seems to be the most guilty party of this besides Sundusky.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Duke of 531
    the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...and the real worst are these asshats spouting off if that was me seeing sandusky doing that "i would have done this or that" ....these blowhards are the same people who witness a murder and tell the police they didn't see anything because they don't want to get involved..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...and the real worst are these asshats spouting off if that was me seeing sandusky doing that "i would have done this or that" ....these blowhards are the same people who witness a murder and tell the police they didn't see anything because they don't want to get involved..
    I don't know what I would have done had I been in McQueary's place, but I can tell you I would have done more. That much I know.

Unfortunately, the entire system failed and Paterno is part of that system. 61 years of impeccable service is great, but doesn't excuse you from anything should you make an error such as this. Ya, I know, he went to his superiors and that was his duty. JoePa IS the superior at PSU in every other way so why not this one? I'm not a PSU fan, but there is no coach I respect more than Paterno. He has done it the right way for decades and that is among many reasons why this is so sad.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    The following comes from a Penn State student that I know as a very smart and informed young lady.

"Dear Non-Penn Staters:
    These are my final points on this matter. I have seen a lot of people who are not part of the Penn State community make comments about the Penn State scandal. They think it is ridiculous that students and alumni are pissed off. Let me try to explain.

If you clearly read the Grand Jury report, you would know a Penn State GA (Mike McQueary) witnessed Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulting victim 2. Instead of calling the police, he reported it to his supervisor Joe Paterno the next day. Joe Paterno then set up a meeting with his supervisor, Tim Curley. The meeting took place on a Sunday in Joe Paterno's home. Paterno also reported what he knew to the campus police.

Tim Curley and Gary Shultz then met with Mike McQueary to discuss what he saw. Curley and Shultz never reported the incident further. Their reports to the grand jury were not credible. No where in the report does it say anything about Joe Paterno knowing about the crimes and not doing anything.

So why are we mad? We're mad because the media found a scapegoat in Joe Paterno. We're mad because they blamed him instead of Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Shultz, and Jerry Sandusky.

Were mad because when you search "Penn State scandal,” Joe Paterno's picture comes up. We're mad because after 61 years as a Penn State employee, the Board of Trustees fired him over the phone.

We're mad because they admit that all the facts are not present yet. We're mad because the school let Tim Curley take a leave and stay on the payroll, Gary Shultz resign, and Mike McQueary keep his job.

This issue is bigger than football; Joe Paterno is bigger than football. He is man that has raised millions of dollars for my school. He is a symbol of the community. I have literally felt awful during all of this. I feel awful for the kids that had to go through something that nobody should endure. I pray for them, and all children that are treated poorly. I feel awful about how people are portraying Penn State, and The Second Mile. I pray for the victims, and hope they find peace."
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information