Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Well done Pele and I know the PSU family is reeling right now. Hell, I feel like the RichRod years were the worst thing to ever happen to UM so I can't even fathom this.

At it's core, this is a moral issue for these men. They did their professional duty in reporting these atrocities to their superiors and I can't argue that. I just have to continue to ask the question though, "How could you not follow up on something like this?" I understand that at one point the local DA dropped the case of one the alleged victims and that certainly muddies the waters, but 8 other victims have come forward. Somewhere the institutional leadership failed to protect children and I hate.... I mean HATE, that JoePa is part of that leadership. Maybe we will find someday that he did all he could do. I hope that is the case, but the university had no choice because of how far this thing reached.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    the really sick thing about this whole ordeal is how the media has now decided to start creating the news instead of simply reporting it....these pricks piling on joe right now are some of the same self righteous *******s that pilloried ben without the facts.... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt.....
    Are you serious? The sick thing is the media? Give me a break, what about the innocent boys and their families that were affected by the pedophile? That is the sick thing not some reports trying to sell newspapers. If Joe and the rest of the University would have done the right thing 13 years ago the number of victims would have been much lower. Instead they decided to try and protect their image. Well now the Joe's and the schools image and the lives of many young boys is ruined. Joe will always be considered a great coach, but he will never be known as a great man. he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, he brought this on himself don't blame the media.

Do what I did, turn off the radio, tv, and internet. Take 20 minutes and sit down and read that 20 some page report. After that I highly doubt that you'll be blaming the media or feeling sorry for Joe.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    ... after 61 years of impeccable service, you should be given the benefit of the doubt...
    Yeah that gives you reason to let someone commit a crime or worse RAPE Kids.... Your a freakin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!! Yes and I put it lightly
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Duke of 531
    If the media were so concerned about the children why aren't they camped in front of sandusky's house...these prick in the media will pack up their satellite trucks after the game Saturday and go back to talking about the steelers and penguins...all they cared about was getting joes head on a platter ...the Sandusky story is just another pedophile story...people like Ron cook,joe starlet,and Jim colony are nothing more than modern day witch hunters...I thought the Salem witch trials are now looked back at as a horrible period in our history...watch out cook,colony,and starkey may be coming after you with their pitchforks and torches if someone you knew in the past does something heinous

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It was a friggin grown man having anal sex with a 10 year old boy. That is F***** RAPE! There is no word too strong. And Joe knew about it, it's a fact weather you want to believe it or not. Joe screwed up.

Read page 6

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

This is far from over and is only going to get uglier and uglier. Sandusky will either be killed in jail or take his own life.

Did you even read what you were replying to before responding? No-one said it wasn't rape. Just wasn't reported to Joe that way, at least according to his testimony. If you continue reading past page 6 you will see what was reported was a graduate assistant has seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Duke of 531
    This is what happens whenever some one says racism,rape,child molestation...most people are afraid to stand up and speak up for people getting railroaded...I took a bunch of flack for standing up for Ben and I'm sure I'll take some for defending joe...there was a grand jury the police and district attorney are the one who let this mess fester..perhaps we can fire the entire center county police department and district attorneys offices

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    Did you even read what you were replying to before responding? No-one said it wasn't rape. Just wasn't reported to Joe that way, at least according to his testimony. If you continue reading past page 6 you will see what was reported was a graduate assistant has seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.
    So it wasn't 'reported' to Joe as rape?? Big deal.... this wasn't enough for Joe to say what the f**k is Sandusky doing in the shower with a young boy?? .... irregardless of whether or not it was 'reported' to him that he was being sodomized or raped??

So it's okay for Joe to not contact the POLICE immediately because Sandusky was ONLY fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy but didn't actually have his d**k in his ***? SERIOUSLY?

MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid? And why is McQuery still on staff when he didn't do anymore for this kid than Joe did?

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    So it wasn't 'reported' to Joe as rape?? Big deal.... this wasn't enough for Joe to say what the f**k is Sandusky doing in the shower with a young boy?? .... irregardless of whether or not it was 'reported' to him that he was being sodomized or raped??

So it's okay for Joe to not contact the POLICE immediately because Sandusky was ONLY fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy but didn't actually have his d**k in his ***? SERIOUSLY?

MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid? And why is McQuery still on staff when he didn't do anymore for this kid than Joe did?
    I think there are some serious comprehension problems by some on this board, or maybe you just don't bother to go back a few pages and read what was said and in what context.

And no, McQuery absolutely should not of beat the **** out of Sandusky, as much of a natural reaction that might be. Although it would of been better than doing nothing. Why take the child out of a traumatizing experience just to put the child through another traumatizing experience of violence. Don't you feel they would be scared enough without the added fight? You stop it, take care of the kid and get him with someone he trusts and can comfort him/her like parents. And yes, call the police since you witnessed it first hand. This should of never even gotten to Joe. Once it does, Joe did the right thing in reporting it up the chain as it was second hand information. The question isn't how he initially dealt with it, but what transpired afterwards in follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post

MY question is why the hell didn't McQuery beat the living **** out of Sandusky right there on the spot when he witnessed him raping this kid?
    To me that's the part that makes no sense at all. Right or wrong you can understand how the university (Joe being a huge part of that) would do everything in their power to sweep this under the rug. They were doing what at the time they thought was best for the school. But how McQuery didn't act immediately is simply mind boggling to many.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    I think there are some serious comprehension problems by some on this board, or maybe you just don't bother to go back a few pages and read what was said and in what context.

And no, McQuery absolutely should not of beat the **** out of Sandusky, as much of a natural reaction that might be. Although it would of been better than doing nothing. Why take the child out of a traumatizing experience just to put the child through another traumatizing experience of violence. Don't you feel they would be scared enough without the added fight? You stop it, take care of the kid and get him with someone he trusts and can comfort him/her like parents. And yes, call the police since you witnessed it first hand. This should of never even gotten to Joe. Once it does, Joe did the right thing in reporting it up the chain as it was second hand information. The question isn't how he initially dealt with it, but what transpired afterwards in follow up.
    I don't have a comprehension problem at all. My problem is wondering how anyone can say Joe did the 'right thing' by only reporting this to his superiors and leaving it go at that. Legally? Yeah. Morally? Not a chance in hell. NONE of these guys who were informed of or witnessed this garbage by sandusky did the 'right' thing, not one of 'em. Not Curly, not Shultz, not McQuery nor Paterno or any of the others who may have had or heard information. Period end of story.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information