Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

  1. #21
    Stairwayto7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    Posts
    6,544
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`m just sickened


    **** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

  2. #22
    SteelDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    5,432
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    The big question that nobody knows the answer to is this. Was Joe told they were going to investigate it when he reported the incident? If so, there is nothing else for him to do. Go back to coaching football and let your superiors handle the investigation. That's their job and he may of entrusted in them to do it. And thought they did. If he was told to turn a head and forget he ever saw it. Then he got what he deserved. I don't know the answer to that, you don't know, the media doesn't know, so it's all speculation and assumptions at this point.

    He wasn't told a kid was being raped. fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. That is definitely bad enough, but no reason to use stronger language to strengthen your argument.
    You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff? Or at the very least, why he hasn't spoken to you about what a fellow coach saw? It's just so fricking sad and bizarre.


    http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

  3. #23
    Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff? Or at the very least, why he hasn't spoken to you about what a fellow coach saw? It's just so fricking sad and bizarre.
    This is the problem with the information age we are in today. The media talks, and we, as a majority, listen, and condemn anyone and everyone we feel is involved without knowing any of the facts. For whatever reason, we feel our own logic is all that is needed. Due Process died a long time ago. I don't even think many people believe in it anymore. Everything went straight to Fire Joe, Fire Joe. What they probably should of done if they did not want him on the field was put him on administrative leave until an investigation could be completed. This would of essentially ended his career as it would of outlasted the season, without firing him, and without deeming him guilty of anything in the process. And maybe even lessened the riots and student reaction. But i think the boards PR agenda is pretty clear with Joe gone and McQuery still on staff.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Posts
    5,042
    If there was some threat of loss of job or career it makes no difference. If you are told by superiors that the matter will be handled, it makes no difference. When you personally have solid information that a child is being abused, you make certain it is handled at any cost! You follow up. You confront the man, that continued to have access to the school's facilities, that was your co-worker for years. There is no excuse to do less no matter who you are or what position you hold.

  5. #25
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,366
    My Mood
    Where
    A real firestorm here. How not to handle this in a PC world or, for the love of money and fame at any cost. Why just Joe and the prez?

    And their fans.

  6. #26
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,179
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    When you personally have solid information that a child is being abused, you make certain it is handled at any cost!
    I agree with that statement, problem is Paterne only knew what a graduate assistant told and he was told a day later.

    According to the news McQueary vaguely remembers telling Paterno he saw Sandusky maybe fondling,touching or horsing around in the shower with a young boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I see no way the McQueary is on the field Saturday. Just can't happen.
    Just reported McQueary will be on the coaching staff Saturday which makes be believe the entire " board of trusties" needs to be investigated and thrown out that and the fact their telling Paterno not to talk to the press.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    You're right about him going back to coaching and leaving it to his superiors, but wouldn't you think at some point over the weeks, months, years, etc. that you would start wondering why Sandusky was still on your staff?
    Sandusky left the coaching staff in 1999 but was allowed to use the facilities. The incident in question happened in 2002.
    Last edited by jpele; 11-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  7. #27
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,366
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    A real firestorm here. How not to handle this in a PC world or, for the love of money and fame at any cost. Why just Joe and the prez?
    Jerry Sandusky Rumored to Have Been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors,' Says Mark Madden Re: http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sa...rk-madden.html

    After the news spread, Madden later explained via Twitter why he went public with the rumors.

    "I normally abhor giving RUMORS credence," Madden wrote. "But whole Sandusky scandal started out as a RUMOR. It gets deeper and more disgusting all the time. One of state's top columnists investigating. That adds credence. I am NOT rumor's original source. [Why does] Sandusky deserve benefit of doubt?"

    Not my words. Not my rumor. If you feel this is inappropriate at this time just delete this post. Developing...

    I believe Sandusky is still out on bail roaming the streets of State College.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 11-10-2011 at 07:30 PM.

    And their fans.

  8. #28
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    For anyone condemning Joe Paterno please come forward and share your information with the rest of the world and explain exactly what Joe knew.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    He wasn't told a kid was being raped. fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. That is definitely bad enough, but no reason to use stronger language to strengthen your argument.
    It was a friggin grown man having anal sex with a 10 year old boy. That is F***** RAPE! There is no word too strong. And Joe knew about it, it's a fact weather you want to believe it or not. Joe screwed up.

    Read page 6

    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

    This is far from over and is only going to get uglier and uglier. Sandusky will either be killed in jail or take his own life.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  9. #29
    SteelerDan43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,311
    The fact that McQueary is allowed to keep his job shows they are wrapping this whole thing up and putting it all on Joe. If you are going to hold everyone accountable then follow through
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

    R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

  10. #30
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    The fact that McQueary is allowed to keep his job shows they are wrapping this whole thing up and putting it all on Joe. If you are going to hold everyone accountable then follow through
    It's not all Joe, the president is gone and it's far from over.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Zorn fired
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •