Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official, Joe Paterno has been fired

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Sadly, it was the right decision. The Board put the University ahead of the football program or anything else and that was the right thing to do.

Many of you are correct. We will never know exactly what steps JoePa took when all of this happened, but to say he may have been silenced by the board or the president is laughable. The Prez was fired last night too, but that's not what everyone is talking about. They're talking about the football coach who had more power than anyone at the University period. He could have done more, period.

It's a sad day for American Sports regardless.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    For anyone condemning Joe Paterno please come forward and share your information with the rest of the world and explain exactly what Joe knew.

An assistant told Joe of the abuse ( he didn't witness the act ) He took the info. he was given to the admin. Now if they told him to mind his own business and walked away then Joe got what he deserved but if he was told we're going to investigate and report the incident , what else do you expect him to do ?

As I've stated, if Joe knew the situation was being covered up he's as guilty as the rest of them , to assume he knew something and condemn him for it is a serious mistake.

One question still lingers, the big red headed guy on the sidelines that calls in the plays, he's the one that witnessed the abuse yet his name hasn't been mentioned in any of this, why is that ? will be interesting to see if he's on the sidelines this weekend
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    For anyone condemning Joe Paterno please come forward and share your information with the rest of the world and explain exactly what Joe knew.

An assistant told Joe of the abuse ( he didn't witness the act ) He took the info. he was given to the admin. Now if they told him to mind his own business and walked away then Joe got what he deserved but if he was told we're going to investigate and report the incident , what else do you expect him to do ?

As I've stated, if Joe knew the situation was being covered up he's as guilty as the rest of them , to assume he knew something and condemn him for it is a serious mistake.

One question still lingers, the big red headed guy on the sidelines that calls in the plays, he's the one that witnessed the abuse yet his name hasn't been mentioned in any of this, why is that ? will be interesting to see if he's on the sidelines this weekend
    I see no way the McQueary is on the field Saturday. Just can't happen.

I completely understand what you're saying about what Joe knew, but I always come back to this.... He hears his longtime friend and assistant Jerry Sandusky is raping a child in the showers and then Sandusky just shows up to practice for the next several years and JoePa just goes on with life as if Sandusky were caught taking a roll of tape from the training room? How in the hell do you not pursue this??? Think of the kids that could have been saved!!

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post

I completely understand what you're saying about what Joe knew, but I always come back to this.... He hears his longtime friend and assistant Jerry Sandusky is raping a child in the showers and then Sandusky just shows up to practice for the next several years and JoePa just goes on with life as if Sandusky were caught taking a roll of tape from the training room? How in the hell do you not pursue this??? Think of the kids that could have been saved!!

Bingo, makes no sense to me at all..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    He did just what he should have took it above him and told his AD he did not hide it or ignore it.

Sent by way of a Droid

My Mood
    Addicted
    Sadly, it was the right decision. The Board put the University ahead of the football program or anything else and that was the right thing to do.

Many of you are correct. We will never know exactly what steps JoePa took when all of this happened, but to say he may have been silenced by the board or the president is laughable. The Prez was fired last night too, but that's not what everyone is talking about. They're talking about the football coach who had more power than anyone at the University period. He could have done more, period.

It's a sad day for American Sports regardless.
    I completely agree with you. The Board made the right decision. Is Joe Paterno the most guilty person in this? No. Is he the only guilty person? Of course not. There are several people who if they would have just had opened their mouthes could have stopped several more boys from being molested. That is the real tragedy. Not Joe Paterno being fired. The Board is trying to save any dignity PSU may have left which isn't much if any right now. This had to be done. They needed to make a statement showing they are taking this seriously now and cleaning house. It makes me sick to my stomach that my fellow Penn Staters are up State College rioting like a bunch of idiots. They are making a good university look worse. Remember this is about a bunch of victims and a university. Not about a stupid football program.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    http://www.centredaily.com/ latest. everybody should be fired who even remotely touched this.

And their fans.

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    People say he should have done more and yeah he maybe should have but think about a time in your life you could say the same thing. He did what he felt was right at the time and told people above him. Does that make it right to fire him maybe however was it morality right I think not after all he has done for that university and the money he put back into it they should have let him walk off on his own term's...

Sent by way of a Droid

I usually try to understand both sides of the story. In this case I really don't understand how anyone can justify that Joe did all he should have.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar

The big question that nobody knows the answer to is this. Was Joe told they were going to investigate it when he reported the incident? If so, there is nothing else for him to do. Go back to coaching football and let your superiors handle the investigation. That's their job and he may of entrusted in them to do it. And thought they did. If he was told to turn a head and forget he ever saw it. Then he got what he deserved. I don't know the answer to that, you don't know, the media doesn't know, so it's all speculation and assumptions at this point.

He wasn't told a kid was being raped. fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. That is definitely bad enough, but no reason to use stronger language to strengthen your argument.

Thread Information