Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark fined 40k for hit on Dickson; Ray Lewis fined 20k for hit on Ward

Bookmark and Share

Ryan Clark fined 40k for hit on Dickson; Ray Lewis fined 20k for hit on Ward

On Twitter Ed Bouchette just said Clark got fined 40k and clark was angry and went off on goodell. When does this unfair fining system end? Clark didn't even helmet to helmet hit anybody, he lead with the helmet but didn't hit anybody with it. Lewis clearly helmet to helmet hit Ward and gave him a concussion and he only gets 15k. Goodell is a joke and his dictatorship rule over the NFL needs to be stopped.
    Steelers safety Ryan Clark was fined $40,000 by the NFL because of a hit on a defenseless receiver during Sunday`s game against Baltimore. Clark was called for hitting tight end Ed Dickson illegally during the second half of the Steelers' 23-20 loss.

It was the largest fine handed down to the Steelers since James Harrison was fined $75,000 for a hit on Cleveland receiver Mohamed Massaquoi last year. That fine was later reduced to $50,000.

It was the second time in as many weeks that Clark was fined. He was fined $15,000 for hitting New England tight end Rob Gronkowski out of bounds last week.
    "I led with my shoulder and did everything possibly right and to be fined $40,000, I just don`t understand," Clark said.

Clark said that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin notified him of the fine after receiving an email from the league office.

"I think it is the most ridiculous … you know, I took the last one good," Clark said. "I didn`t know the guy was out of bounds and I kept playing and I can see why you call something like that. If you watch the film in slow-motion, by the time the play is over, my back is almost turned to him to make sure that my helmet was out of the way."
    The Steelers have now been fined as reported 12 times this year for a total of $182,500.

Clark said he will appeal the fine.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-09-2011 at 02:55 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I have long been an opponent of Goodell for numerous reasons and agree he needs to go, but I disagree with you on the hit. Clark's helmet clearly comes into contact with the receiver making it a helmet-to-helmet hit. Was it intentional? Nope, but Clark has a history of this.

He got the bigger fine because he is a repeat offender and I must say I'm shocked Lewis fined $15,000. Thought it would maybe be $7,500 if at all.

Goodell wants an offensive game for numerous reasons with 'safety' being about #5 on the list immediately following money, money, money and money.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I have long been an opponent of Goodell for numerous reasons and agree he needs to go, but I disagree with you on the hit. Clark's helmet clearly comes into contact with the receiver making it a helmet-to-helmet hit. Was it intentional? Nope, but Clark has a history of this.

He got the bigger fine because he is a repeat offender and I must say I'm shocked Lewis fined $15,000. Thought it would maybe be $7,500 if at all.

Goodell wants an offensive game for numerous reasons with 'safety' being about #5 on the list immediately following money, money, money and money.
    HAH!

Not suprised at all by Clarks fine, hes done this many of times. No big deal to me. Plus I think he can handle it. Cause he makes Millions.

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 12:49 PM ---

Also. Rays fine is 20k not 15 >.>

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Not suprised at all by Clarks fine, hes done this many of times. No big deal to me. Plus I think he can handle it. Cause he makes Millions.

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 12:49 PM ---

Also. Rays fine is 20k not 15 >.>
    20!!!! Wow! Goodell must have been having a bad day. Thanks for the correction.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    40K?

And the Criminal only got 20k ? Because he is Ray Leiws and there was no penalty on the hit.

FINE, the the defenders need to start diving at players legs to tackle them. Guarantee any offensive player would rather get his bell rung than have his knees destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    And the Criminal only got 20k ? Because he is Ray Leiws and there was no penalty on the hit.

FINE, the the defenders need to start diving at players legs to tackle them. Guarantee any offensive player would rather get his bell rung than have his knees destroyed.
    No Ray prob only got twenty cause hes not a repear offender. Clark is a repeat offender therefore a bigger fine. I think the Lewis fine is good enough.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Lewis isn't a repeat offender? HE KILLED SOMEONE!! You'd think the fines would be increased if you're a murderer.

i gotta say i agree with the fines although ray-ray"s hit was worse than clark"s! clark is a repeat offender so a higher fine; i get that. what pisses me off is they flag the steelers every time and the rats get no flag! this game is a perfect example. remember last year when ben got his nose broke? NO FLAG!!! same game, someone kinda slapped flaccid's helmet and got a 15 yarder!!!!
    the players can handle the fines, it might sting but it won't bankrupt anyone. the 15 yarders can kill a team!!! clark's penalty kept a drive alive which accountted for the winning margin. now the steelers are two games back in the division and essentially, that one penalty could cost home playoff games and the city of Pittsburgh MILLIONS!
    MY NEW RULE: if the nearest official does not flag a play and that player is fined, said official must pay the fine instead of the player and is done for the year.
    now, let's go blow some ACL's against the bungles!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

Thread Information