Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSU President Graham Spanier is a Cowardly Lion

Hybrid View

PSU President Graham Spanier is a Cowardly Lion

http://thevoicesays.blogspot.com/201...rdly-lion.html

Penn State University continues to get it very wrong in their handling of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Head football coach Joe Paterno was scheduled to have his weekly press conference today in State College. Penn State sent out a memo yesterday saying that the only questions that would be taken would center on the current football season.

Nice to know the priority at PSU at this time remains football.

Twenty minutes before today's press conference was to occur, Jeff Nelson (Assistant Athletic Director of Communications) announced that the press conference had been cancelled and would not be rescheduled.

The silence from Penn State at this point is deafening and, to be honest, quite infuriating. They have completely failed to handle an already volatile situation. Talk about "Fail To The Lion"
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I was curious, what if the President is afraid that Joe at 84 doesnt give a **** about the investigation and may say " I told them and they lied to me" What if the told Joe PA that they did go to police and everything is fine? Probably not but what if? At 84 I dont think Joe is going to hold anything back when he does talk

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I just want the truth at this point. Joe is the most likely to give it to us.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

My Mood
    Fight
    Piece of s**t didn't say anything 10 or more years ago why would he say anything now, he may have been in on it
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Piece of s**t didn't say anything 10 or more years ago why would he say anything now, he may have been in on it
    So you were there and know what happened, please share with the rest of us also take your info to the police.

From what's being reported, Joe did what he was supposed to what he was told afterwards is unknown.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    So you were there and know what happened, please share with the rest of us also take your info to the police.

From what's being reported, Joe did what he was supposed to what he was told afterwards is unknown.
    OK, so you report an absolutely horrible crime to your superiors who say, "We'll take care of it." In the meantime, the 'alleged' perp continues to work for the school, retires with all kinds of fanfare and continues to be visible on campus for the next 10 years. I realize Joe is old, but this isn't like reporting Sandusky parked in the handicapped zone. How in the F*&^ do you not follow up on this????

That's were Joe went wrong.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    OK, so you report an absolutely horrible crime to your superiors who say, "We'll take care of it." In the meantime, the 'alleged' perp continues to work for the school, retires with all kinds of fanfare and continues to be visible on campus for the next 10 years. I realize Joe is old, but this isn't like reporting Sandusky parked in the handicapped zone. How in the F*&^ do you not follow up on this????

So you know for a fact joe did nothing? Maybe he did and was told that it was still under investigation.. who knows unless you are there..

Dont be a Sheep and follow what the media puts out.. with all their spin.

Just like Big Ben.. so easy to just chunck someone under the bus and later when all the facts come out say.. Oh **** maybe i was wrong... well the damage is done... to both ben and Joe... You cant take back the spin and accusations that are unsubstantiated.. when later found out to be false..

Be a wolf and not a sheep.. wait till ALL the facts come out not what some Fag on ESPN from Ohio State thinks ..

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 08:57 AM ---

[
    Last edited by Tundralag; 11-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by Tundralag View Post
    So you know for a fact joe did nothing? Maybe he did and was told that it was still under investigation.. who knows unless you are there..

Dont be a Sheep and follow what the media puts out.. with all their spin.

Just like Big Ben.. so easy to just chunck someone under the bus and later when all the facts come out say.. Oh **** maybe i was wrong... well the damage is done... to both ben and Joe... You cant take back the spin and accusations that are unsubstantiated.. when later found out to be false..

Be a wolf and not a sheep.. wait till ALL the facts come out not what some Fag from Ohio State thinks ..

--- Added 11/9/2011 at 08:57 AM ---

[
    First of all, your use of a homophobic slur speaks volumes....

I'm a Michigan fan for Christ's sake and I have no problem the OSU person you speak of. He's doing his job.

Under investigation for 10 years? I realize our legal process is slow but c'mon! Joe is a good man. A great man in fact and even great people make mistakes. If you knew a child was being abused wouldn't you stop at nothing to find justice for the child? Ultimately Joe turned his attention elsewhere. And don't tell me he was following orders. JoePa gives the orders at PSU and no one else.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post

Yes this is a terrible crime but you're going to tell me no one is ever falsely accused, Joe reported it , we have no idea what he was told.

Talk to the people close to Paterno or the people that played for Sandusky, they're all sickened by it, they all sit and wonder how it could happen without them knowing.

I refuse to condemn someone before I have all the facts, not pointing fingers at anyone but maybe Big Ben should be in prison along with the linemen that were with him.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Yes this is a terrible crime but you're going to tell me no one is ever falsely accused, Joe reported it , we have no idea what he was told.

Talk to the people close to Paterno or the people that played for Sandusky, they're all sickened by it, they all sit and wonder how it could happen without them knowing.

I refuse to condemn someone before I have all the facts, not pointing fingers at anyone but maybe Big Ben should be in prison along with the linemen that were with him.
    When you are the man in charge and people fail you in the most disgusting way possible and yet, you do nothing, you are condemned whether it's worthy or not. You mean to tell me if JoePa walked into the local district attorney's office he wouldn't have been heard or listened to? He's Joe Freaking Paterno! He could have have done any number of things to make this situation at the very least 'better' but didn't. I don't like this any more than any PSU fan and it isn't the way the man should go out, but he had the opportunity to act otherwise and didn't.

Thread Information