Thread: Tuesday w/ Tomlin, 11-8-11

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday w/ Tomlin, 11-8-11

Link

Tuesday, November 08, 2011
    Tuesday with Tomlin

Mike Tomlin said today that Emmanuel Sanders had his knee scoped and will be out until after the bye.

Daniel Sepulveda also had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee, but he's already been placed on injured reserve.

Hines Ward is OK after suffering from "concussion-like symptoms" following an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit by Ray Lewis that was not flagged during the game.

They'll watch Ward this week to determine his status for Sunday's game at Cincinnati.

LaMarr Woodley could possibly return this week, but there's a better chance James Farrior comes back.

If Farrior returns, Lawrence Timmons could be moved to left outside linebacker - where he lined up at times Sunday - with Farrior and Larry Foote inside.

Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery is experiencing some swelling in his knee, but is expected to be OK.

Also from the Trib

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders underwent surgery on his injured knee on Monday, and will be out "a couple weeks," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said at his weekly news conference today.

Sanders injured his knee against New England two weeks ago, and missed last week's game against Baltimore because the death of his mother and along with his injured knee.

Punter Daniel Sepulveda had surgery on his right knee yesterday as well. He was put on injured reserve last week.

Receiver Jerricho Cotchery (knee) and linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee) will be limited in practice early during the week as well as receiver/special teams captain Arnaz Battle (hamstring).

Tomlin said that linebackers LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and James Farrior (calf) will be evaluated during the week.

Receiver Hines Ward (concussion-like symptoms) isn't expected to miss any time.

=========================================

You can hear the full length audio on the SA Homepage or by clicking here

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    LaMarr Woodley

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This business of moving Timmons back and forth between the inside and outside is really hurting his production. It's great that he's talented enough to move back and forth but his strong suit is on the inside where he can help out vs the Run and drop in pass coverage against the tight ends.

I really want Woodley to sit this game as well. Hamstrings just need time to heal and there is no way around it. Those kinds of injuries re-aggravate so easily if you don't let them heal fully. I would rather have him fully functional after the bye-week than lingering next week with the possibility of re-aggravating it.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd like to see Woodley out there but if that hamstring isn't healed up 100% then I'm with JensK. Sit him down and let him get ready for the Chiefs game after the bye.

With Harrison back and Worilds not doing anything, you have to think that Timmons will be back on the outside if Farrior is ready to go. Assuming that's the case I have much more faith in Timmons at OLB than Worilds. Even if Timmons isn't lighting up the stat sheet on the outside, he's atleast getting pressure.

Worilds was out to lunch wasn't he??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We got to see Cotchery make some nice plays and show why he's a Hines Ward Jr. type of player. Not afraid to go across the middle and able to adjust on the fly like we saw when he caught that tipped ball.

Quite honestly I'm completely ok with Foote in the middle for the time being if Farrior can't make it back yet. A Timmons and Foote combo inside the middle wouldn't be a bad idea either. Potsie is a great linebacker but his liability against the pass is really becoming a problem.

Honestly, Foote has been a beast...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I still can't believe, well I can, but DSep blowing out his knee again. Kapinos isn't going to be the next coming of Ray Guy or anything but he'll suffice and certainly can do the job of holding too..lol.

You have to think that somewhere in the Steelers front offices they are inquiring about kickers if this type of thing continues with Suisham and everybody second guessing him.

Thread Information