Thread: Season Is Far From Over

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Season Is Far From Over

Losing to the Ravens always sucks especially since they swept our Steelers and basically clinched the AFC North unless they have a total melt down......But still I like the Steelers chances if they get to play them a third time in the play-offs especially with a healthy Woodley and Sanders.....Those two were missed big time last night......

Harrison was dominating last night but just think if Woodley had been out there as well....So far this season the Steelers havn't had the luxury of having both Harrison and Woodley healthy at the same time this season ....Harrison was slowed at the start of the season recovering from off season back surgeries......Having these two back on the field together and close to 100% will be huge......

Sanders not playing effected the passing game......Hines really shouldn't see the field anymore the rest of the season and even though Cotchery did make some nice grabs in replacing Ward but Sanders explosiveness was missed.....I'm sure Sanders would have added that much more to the passing game last night in game were Ben still threw for 330 yards against the Ravens defense........The Steelers were down to only three healthy WR's after Ward was injured......

Another reason is the play of the offensive line....The first game Suggs and Ngata abused the Steelers OL.....Last night both Starks and Foster shut down the Ravens two best defensive players......Why was Ramon Foster even benched in the first place?....He isn't pretty but he blocks his man for the most part.....The Steelers offensive line really isn't a weakness right now at this point......

The Steelers most likely won't get a home play-off game but this team will be tough out come play-off time and I like their chances against any team in the AFC......

I agree. It hurts, I'll bitch, I'll moan, but I'm nowhere near thinking the season is in jeopardy. There is a lot of football left to play and we'll see if this team wants it.

My Mood
    Addicted
    well said. Everyone needs to calm the **** down.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Our schedule looks pretty good from here on out to finish pretty strong. Our OL is playing good together, it helps to have the same starting OL every week, which we haven't had the luxury of having. Between LeBeau and Lake, I believe our secondary will regroup the rest of the way. Having Harrison and Woodley back together will prove to be devastating for everyone. Cincinnati is getting a lot of hype so far but they haven't played the Steelers or the Ratbirds yet, that's 4 games for them that will be the test of their season, I don't see them winning more then 1 of those games. It will come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore once again in the playoffs. Flacco played good to some extent in that game but he was still getting rattled a lot. He still has a ways to go to be da man. I really like our chances of finishing out the season 13-3 or 12-4.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    well said. Everyone needs to calm the **** down.
    Exactly! What have I said before? Today , after a loss is truly OVERREACTION MONDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Exactly! What have I said before? Today , after a loss is truly OVERREACTION MONDAY!
    Some of the **** I read on this site makes me stay my distance. Some people here should start rooting for the Ravens because they are truly fair weather fans.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Losing to the Ravens always sucks especially since they swept our Steelers and basically clinched the AFC North unless they have a total melt down......But still I like the Steelers chances if they get to play them a third time in the play-offs especially with a healthy Woodley and Sanders.....Those two were missed big time last night......

Harrison was dominating last night but just think if Woodley had been out there as well....So far this season the Steelers havn't had the luxury of having both Harrison and Woodley healthy at the same time this season ....Harrison was slowed at the start of the season recovering from off season back surgeries......Having these two back on the field together and close to 100% will be huge......

Sanders not playing effected the passing game......Hines really shouldn't see the field anymore the rest of the season and even though Cotchery did make some nice grabs in replacing Ward but Sanders explosiveness was missed.....I'm sure Sanders would have added that much more to the passing game last night in game were Ben still threw for 330 yards against the Ravens defense........The Steelers were down to only three healthy WR's after Ward was injured......

Another reason is the play of the offensive line....The first game Suggs and Ngata abused the Steelers OL.....Last night both Starks and Foster shut down the Ravens two best defensive players......Why was Ramon Foster even benched in the first place?....He isn't pretty but he blocks his man for the most part.....The Steelers offensive line really isn't a weakness right now at this point......

The Steelers most likely won't get a home play-off game but this team will be tough out come play-off time and I like their chances against any team in the AFC......
    I wouldnt completely rule out a home playoff game just yet. The Steelers are definitely capable of winning out on the rest of this schedule, and we have seen the Ravens **** the bed in games they should have no problem winning in the past and they have a bunch of tough games left as well. I doubt the Ravens run the table and go 8-0 the rest of the season. Im with you though 32 on all of the points you made above. The AFC is wide open this year and I think the Steelers chances of getting into the playoffs and making it to the AFC Championship game this season are still around 75 percent. The Ravens do not want to see the Steelers a 3rd time even if it is in Baltimore this time for the playoffs. The Steelers have proven that they can win down there late in the season the last few seasons and there is no reason to believe based on what we saw last night with how well Ben and the o-line played and with a healthy Woodley and Harrison that they cant go into Baltimore and win again...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I agree. It hurts, I'll bitch, I'll moan, but I'm nowhere near thinking the season is in jeopardy. There is a lot of football left to play and we'll see if this team wants it.
    The season is never over until you're mathematically out of it. Even then you can play the spoiler role.

Regardless of if it's over though or not, Steelers fans don't just throw in the terrible towel and give up. The loss sucks, getting swept sucks, and the division may be a remote chance but the playoffs are still alive and well. 6-3 is not exactly a bad record.

Thread Information