Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can the Steelers win out on their schedule??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Odds of Steelers re-claiming the AFC North Title took a major hit last night. There is no way around that. Raven hiccup is unlikely. Wild Card birth now becomes more of a possibility for Steelers. As others stated, 11-5 should get that done. Minimally, we need a split with Cincy. No guarantee there. They have a deep threat now, too, in A.J. Green. Still, a win on Sun. will set Steelers up nicely @ 7-3, going into a much-needed bye week. Not many expected a 3-0 run to this most difficult segment to this season's schedule. 2-1 would be great!
    Last edited by steelspikes; 11-07-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: punctuation
    STEELSPIKES

This game will serve as a Baptism for the Steelers. They way they came back to take the lead only to give it back to those bums in the final seconds of the game, NFL beware.

Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Odds of Steelers re-claiming the AFC North Title took a major hit last night. There is no way around that. Raven hiccup is unlikely. Wild Card birth now becomes more of a possibility for Steelers. As others stated, 11-5 should get that done. Minimally, we need a split with Cincy. No guarantee there. They have a deep threat now, too, in A.J. Green. Still, a win on Sun. will set Steelers up nicely @ 7-3, going into a much-needed bye week. Not many expected a 3-0 run to this most difficult segment to this season's schedule. 2-1 would be great!
    Cincy does have a deep threat but they don't have another WR like Boldin. Torrey Smith burned us because we chose to focus on stopping Boldin.

Quote Originally Posted by mwittman5 View Post
    Cincy does have a deep threat but they don't have another WR like Boldin. Torrey Smith burned us because we chose to focus on stopping Boldin.
    And because Ryan Clark took a **** poor angle on the play. Cincy is going down. I'd hate to be them this week.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    And because Ryan Clark took a **** poor angle on the play. Cincy is going down. I'd hate to be them this week.
    A loss in Cincy on Sunday and any chances of still winning this division are all but gone...You cant go 0-3 in your division against the top 2 teams who are currently both 6-2 and expect to still win the division. The Steelers MUST win Sunday in Cincy or it's going to be wildcard berth or nothing for the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    A loss in Cincy on Sunday and any chances of still winning this division are all but gone...You cant go 0-3 in your division against the top 2 teams who are currently both 6-2 and expect to still win the division. The Steelers MUST win Sunday in Cincy or it's going to be wildcard berth or nothing for the playoffs...
    This^^
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    The key for the Steelers now is to keep winning every single week and force Baltimore to do so as well. Keep the pressure on the Ravens to win every single week which the Steelers definitely can do seeing that they are capable of winning the last 7 games on their schedule...I find it hard to believe the Ravens are going to go 8-0 the rest of the season they will slip at least 1 maybe 2 more times before the season is over they wont go unbeaten...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Absolutely this team CAN win out and run the table the rest of the way. If they do that They'll most certainly be in the playoffs. I have no doubt the Ravens will lose atleast 1 more game, possibly 2. They don't have the horses on offense to run the table completely. Taking nothing away from them because Flacco did what he had to do to in the game in the 4th quarter. Even afterwards though he's still only a 53% passer I believe. He's not been good in October and it remains to be seen if he can use this win on Sunday as a jumping point to play better. I still say with a defense in his face he's not going to be able to play well week in and week out. Any QB can march down the field against a prevent defense.

For the Steelers though they do have a history of playing down to the competition, especially in the AFC and especially in the AFC North. Ravens aside, the Steelers have no business losing the Browns or the Bengals. If they do, they deserve to miss the playoffs. The 49ers will be a tough out on the road so I'm not banking on that game at all although I think they can certainly win it if they play well.

Thread Information